Great music, sh*tty band name

Wow, sounds like you keep up with my dislike for him more than I do. Actually I don't think I mention him that often if so within spaced out periods of time. But perhaps my dislike for him (if that is it but you might be surprised) matches you appreciation for him?
I believe I hurt someone's Schaffer sensibilities here. :lol:
I vote we take it in the direction of taking cheap shots at Alabama and make jokes based on stereotypes. Or talk about teeth brushing, by the way you are wrong on the toothbrush invented in Alabama by the way.

Or I can simply say kiss my ass.

Wow, can you not detect sarcasm at all? My Alabama "cheap shot" was clearly a joke. Bryant and I are friends, I'm from GA, and it's simply a play on our rivalry between the two states (football being most of the cause of it). OBVIOUSLY the toothbrush was not invented in Alabama... Jesus. I was born at night, but it wasn't last goddamn night.

Wow, can you not detect sarcasm at all? My Alabama "cheap shot" was clearly a joke. Bryant and I are friends, I'm from GA, and it's simply a play on our rivalry between the two states (football being most of the cause of it). OBVIOUSLY the toothbrush was not invented in Alabama... Jesus. I was born at night, but it wasn't last goddamn night.

oh I realized it was a joke but figured if you were going to be an ass I would match you. So we're done here.

oh I realized it was a joke but figured if you were going to be an ass I would match you. So we're done here.

facepalm_implied.jpg

Some bad band names:

My Dying Bride
Oceans of Sadness

Bambi Molesters

I have to ask, what's so wrong about MDB and OoS? I think those names fit the sound and style of those bands perfectly.

I didn't even know there was a band called Bambi Molesters, but I gotta admit it made me chuckle and almost (but not quite) made me want to check out their music due to the absurdity of the name.

How about IWRESTLEDABEARONCE. Oh wait, that's actually brilliant since that shiznit gets you signed to CENTURY MEDIA these days.

Also, are you freakin' serious about My Dying Bride?
That's seriously an amazing band name that 100% fits the band's sound, image, lyrics, etc perfectly.

I mean, maybe you just simply don't like it and that's cool. I think it's perfectly fitting tho.

Only thing ever stolen from Alabama was the toothbrush. It was invented there. Had it been invented anywhere else, it would have been a teethbrush! :lol:

Double win:

1. For being pretty damned funny in its own right,
2. For succeeding in tweaking JG
:lol:

Tub Ring
Skillet

I don't have too much of a problem with My Dying Bride, Oceans of Sadness or Old Man's Child, though.

I have to ask, what's so wrong about MDB and OoS? I think those names fit the sound and style of those bands perfectly.

I didn't even know there was a band called Bambi Molesters, but I gotta admit it made me chuckle and almost (but not quite) made me want to check out their music due to the absurdity of the name.

*shrug* they just strike me as being a little bit silly; as far as MDB does, I'm not a huge fan of that style of lyrics in general, but disliking lyrics has rarely if ever had a huge impact* on how much I like a band overall. That being said, the way I react to a band's moniker (and lyrics, for that matter) is pretty much automatic: there isn't any solid 'reason' behind it.

Also, Bambi Molesters play (mostly) instrumental surf rock. Interesting because they're from Croatia and i'm pretty sure croatia is a landlocked country.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shthRT435pE&feature=related[/ame]
Sonic Bullets is probably their only album worth tracking down if that sort of thing appeals to you.

*There are exceptions. Awesome lyrics can make an otherwise good song great, unintentionally goofy or simply bad lyrics can make a decent song into a meh one, if they're bad enough, but on a scale of 1 to 10, they're rarely good or bad enough to slide it more than a point up or down.

Regarding Porcupine Tree:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the reason they used that name for their project is because they had initially planned PT to be a sort of joke/parody type thing and didn't expect to record more than a couple albums worth of material. It's still a ridiculous name, no matter how you go about it though.

Wilson never meant it as a joke, but he and a friend did come up with a goofy mythology for "Porcupine Tree" as a gimmick. He's said that the name has a meaning, but won't cop to what it is.

Also, Bambi Molesters play (mostly) instrumental surf rock. Interesting because they're from Croatia and i'm pretty sure croatia is a landlocked country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shthRT435pE&feature=related
Sonic Bullets is probably their only album worth tracking down if that sort of thing appeals to you.

Not what I was expecting at all. I actually sort of dig it -- even though surf rock tends to be too much of the same, I do enjoy it from time to time. Honestly, when I heard that name, I was expecting something death metal or grindcore.