Great Pictures

CyThrax

May 26, 2003
Anytown, USA
Visit site
Thanks Andy Buchanan (I doubt he checks this out, but what the hell) and Anthrax for the kick-ass pictures from Europe you guys put up on the main page. They are great-A big thanks for the Black&White action shots, those made my day!

It gives all of us in the States a small taste of what the Europeans got all summer!

Andy has "the gift". I took some photography classes in high-school. And some photo-journalism classes in college.
I remember my teacher had "the gift" and one of the students, too.
I wish I could take pictures like that. I'm okay, but not great. I definitely don't have 'the gift' for photography.
btw- Here are some pictures from the Chicago gig on May 28th. I took most of them. And emtfhII took some of the pictures.
(the link probably won't work, because geoshitties can't handle to many hits):
http://www.geocities.com/snidedude/anthraxchicago

My dad and brother both have "the gift". My dad is a photographer when he's not farming, he does a lot of black&white nature stuff kinda like Ansel Adams, that's why I really like those b&w pics. My brother has "the gift" and he's never had any formal training. My dad says that my bro's a lot more talented than he was at that age, and my dad had a ton of formal training and experience by then. Wish I had the gift-I'm still searching for mine!

Great pictures Tad. I have one small problem though. Your one picture of Charlie, you have the quote,"one of the greatest drummers in the world". Charlie is the greatest drummer in the world, not one of them. Just messen again. Pics were great.

ThraxDude said:
Andy has "the gift". I took some photography classes in high-school. And some photo-journalism classes in college.
I remember my teacher had "the gift" and one of the students, too.
I wish I could take pictures like that. I'm okay, but not great. I definitely don't have 'the gift' for photography.
btw- Here are some pictures from the Chicago gig on May 28th. I took most of them. And emtfhII took some of the pictures.
(the link probably won't work, because geoshitties can't handle to many hits):
http://www.geocities.com/snidedude/anthraxchicago

I've been into photography since junior high-school. I can't draw for shit, but my cousin was an amazing artist, and he was my hero growing up--not just because of his art, he just ruled. The only paintings in my condo are his artwork.
He had "the gift" for drawing and painting, like Brentney Spears, Charlie Benante (watch how quickly he whips out that Fred Flintstone drawing in the Killer B's Videos for example) or Alex Ross.
Anyway, I can't draw (you might remember that flyer I made), so I've tried photograpy instead. I'm okay. I don't have 'the gift'. And I'm also still searching for the gift...
One thing my photojournalism teacher always said about photography was, "Lens position is everything."

And, muffy, I agree he's the best. I should change that...

By the way. I cannot find my S.O.D. Simpson's-esque T-shirt!
Has anyone seen it? Last time I saw it was right before I moved.
If you have any idea where my S.O.D. shirt is, please let me know.

Metal Maiden said:
Yes you do and I know what it is! :hotjump:
Me telling my schlong, "It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again," doesn't count.

ThraxDude said:
Me telling my schlong, "It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again," doesn't count.
Hmmm...well, glad to see some things haven't changed.... :Smug:

By the way, the only photography gift I have is to get the picture taken before my kids turn their heads/cry/run away/slap each other. Which won't get me any awards, unless maybe if I could a picture with their cousins in it, too. :dopey: