Pirates of the Caribbean

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
This was surprisingly good. Johnny Depp was so kick ass cool. Dare I say Best Actor Good? But I doubt if that will happen since this is a action adventure, summertime, blockbuster, pirate movie. The Action is great the sets and ships and costumes all awesome. Special effects were well done. The story was solid considering this is produced by the hack Jerry Bruckheimer. Go see it.

It was great! I'm not at all surprised though: I'm not trying to say I'm the great movie prognosticator, but I knew this movie would be cool. Why???? Simple, I saw the movie poster for it around Christmas time '02, and I saw Johnny Depp, and I just knew. Depp rarely lets me down. I knew Johnny Depp would be a kick ass pirate. Pirate fits his quirky persona so well. Everything in this flick was cool. Keira Knightley was HOT HOT HOT, she looks like a hotter version of Natalie Portman. Plot is solid, lots of self deprecating stereotypical pirate movie humor (i.e. the movie doesn't take itself to seriously). Great action, great acting. I have no complaints. Go see this now.