Greatest guitar riff ever !!!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Well I have to thumb my nose up to metal on this one (rare) but number two through probably twenty or so would be metal so I don't mind saying it....... Greatest guitar riff is the opening riff to "Highway Song" by Blackfoot to me. I have no explanation why it is so cool, it just is. As much as I like Medlocke's cool vocals I hate to hear him start singing on that song. That riff is just too fucking cool.

Bryant

I don't know Bryant, I think the best one is either the opening riff of Crimson Glory's Lady of Winter
walksmil.gif
or else the ending riff of Tad Morose's The Dead and His Son... I can listen over and over and over.
cool.gif

Bryant said:
Well I have to thumb my nose up to metal on this one (rare) but number two through probably twenty or so would be metal so I don't mind saying it....... Greatest guitar riff is the opening riff to "Highway Song" by Blackfoot to me. I have no explanation why it is so cool, it just is. As much as I like Medlocke's cool vocals I hate to hear him start singing on that song. That riff is just too fucking cool.

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
I don't know Bryant, I think the best one is either the opening riff of Crimson Glory's Lady of Winter
hell yeah, that riff always makes me start some air guitar action :)

My pick would be "Man on the Silver Mountain" by Rainbow, the kind of riff you will never forget once you have heard it! A riff that you can actually sing.

I think there are sooooo many !! Some that I like a lot are "Hold me under" from Dream Theatre, "Black Tiger" from Y&T, "Whole lotta Rosie" AC/DC, Some early Mercyful Fate, "Metal Militia" Metallica, "Am I Evil" from Diamond Head, "Steet Woman" Loudness, "Black Mass" from Warlord, etc...etc....

Led Zep- Communication Breakdown
I agree with Take No Prisoners, it kicks ass.
Slayer- Angel of Death
Black Sabbath- Supernaut
Machinehead- Davidian

Metal Dog said:
Misread this and thought you had your thumb up your nose :tickled:
Ha ha ha well it might have ended up there before last night was over with. I ran out of beer (very rare for me) and dipped into the wife's vodka (another rarity) and I don't drink liquor enough to know my limit. I passed out in the bathtub and woke up looking like a raisin. :ill:

Bryant

Well since everyone is naming several as opoosed to JUST FREAKING ONE LIKE THE POST STATED... ahem....:loco:

Accept - "Love Child" opening riff though the cymbal crashes and bass help out quite a bit.

Metal Church - "The Spell Can't Be Broken" - that opening riff is just too wicked.

Vanden Plas - "Garden of Stone" Stephan saved up years of great riffing and put them on one song. Great guitar riffs throughout that song.

Bryant

I love the riff from "The Child Inside" from Anacrusis. Yea, I think that might be one of them. It's kinda hard to choose! There are so many.

"Of Sins And Shadows" and "Out of the Ashes" from Symphony X would be very likely candidates too.

Then of course "The Learning" and "The Seven Tongues Of God" from the mighty NeverMore!

The Seven Tongues Of God are in my mind!
They speak to me in ancient DNA design.
I have never seen god, You have never seen god
And when they speak to me and the seven tongues align
programmed to desecrate the pretensions in your mind.
To further complicate, I will now state that your convictions
lack definition and form.

What a song!! Even the lyrics almost make me start headbanging!!

Bryant have you ever heard some Symphony X?

Great tread Bryant!! :D