RIFF-MASTER HALL OF FAME

getchapull said:
Dave Mustaine, Riff master, he hasnt created that many special riffs, the only one that comes to mind now is Holy wars...
Oh, come on, you can't tell me that Holy Wars is his only memorable riff. While I would definately say he's a pretty mediocre lead guitarist, you can't deny the utter catchy-ness of stuff like Loved To Death, Looking Down The Cross, The Conjuring, My Last Words, Set The World Afire, 502, Liar, Hook In Mouth, and pretty much everything off RIP.

Rust In Piece has some good riffs but he doesn't produce many "memorable" riffs,catchy ones yes but wouldn't call them memorable.

JonnyD said:
If you look at the credits for that song I do believe you will find that they didnt take credit for writing that song ..... ALOT of bands in the 60's/early 70's covered Black American Bluesmen

They didn't give credit to him, Zep later admitted they covered the songs without the artist's permission or giving them credit. In other words, stole. Don't get me wrong I like Zep as much as the next guy but that really kills alot of my respect for em.