Greatest guitar riff ever !!!

The breakdown in "Angel of Desth" by Slayer has got to me one of the best...the opening riff to "Black Magic" by Slayer is pretty sick as well...

The opening riff on "Holy Wars" by Megadeth is awesome...I'm also very partial to the breakdown riffs on "Leper Messiah" and "Damage Incorporated" by Metallica...

There are just too many truly awesome riffs to pick just one...

...and I didn't even touch Black Sabbath - I would be typing for weeks...

Kreator-Mian riff on "People Of The Lie",the main riff on the second part of "Terror Zone", the riff after the solo of "Material World Paranoia" and the riff underneath the solo on "When The Sun Burns Red". All on the Coma Of Souls album.

Black Sabbath-main riff to "Into The Void","Iron Man","The Thrill Of It All","After Forever" a couple riffs from "Superstzar",the intro riff to "Tomorrow's Dream","Heaven And Hell" plus the riff after the chorus to that same song,the chorus riff to"The Shining" and the riff after the chorus to "Ancient Warrior", the intro riff to "Call Of The Wild", main riff to "Headless Cross".

Megadeth-the riff that shows up on the second half of "Wake Up Dead", y'know..after he says "Diana...", the main riff to "Peace Sells", the entire riff set to "Looking Down The Cross", same thing with"Holy Wars", main riff to "Blood Of Heroes"

There are more, but I shall post them later.

Hawk said:

What a song!! Even the lyrics almost make me start headbanging!!

Bryant have you ever heard some Symphony X?

Great tread Bryant!! :D
I have The Odyssee and V. I have also seen them live twice. Russell Allen might be the most "perfect" vocalist there is as far as singing live like he does on record. He is amazing and the band is very tight as well. I like SX but I don't like Romeo's guitar tone at all. His playing is very good, but his tone sounds terrible to my ears. It sounds like he bought his amp from Sears or something.

Bryant