Grindcore

Yes, I like most of the bands mentioned already: Napalm Death, Carcass, Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed etc..

D-KOM said:
Grindcore : All bands used to have "anal" in their bandname... ;-)

:lol:

1. Anal Blasphemy
2. Anal Blast
3. Anal Bleeding
4. Anal Death
5. Anal Dissected Angel Also/formerly known as: A.D.A.
6. Anal Foetus
7. Anal Pus
8. Anal Putrefaction (Bra)
9. Anal Putrefaction (Fra)
10. Anal Stench
11. Anal Torture
12. Anal Vomit Also/formerly known as: NecroFucker
13. Analgin
14. Analizator
15. Analni Karakter
16. Analog
17. Analogy Also/formerly known as: Damien Kross
18. Analstorm
19. Analysis
20. Bloody Anal Yeast Infection Also/formerly known as: BAYI
21. Brutanal
22. Engorged Anal Tumor Also/formerly known as: E.A.T.
23. Frozen Vein Also/formerly known as: Anal Corpsevomit
24. Godflesh Also/formerly known as: Man Anal Pleasure
25. Jesus Anal Penetration
26. Tear Gas and Plate Glass Also/formerly known as: Analysis of Bison Kills
27. Vómito Anal

Phrozenspite said:
Cephalic Carnage

They're death-grind. By the way, what do you all think spawned the death-grind genre? I say probably Cannibal Corpse and Suffocation.

Ya gotta love pig destroyer. A few other's that are in my c.d player at the moment are abbadon incarnate and prostitute disfigurment

MURAI said:
They're death-grind. By the way, what do you all think spawned the death-grind genre? I say probably Cannibal Corpse and Suffocation.

distinguishing which band belongs to this or that genre is pretty confusing..well, most of the metalheads here in our country doesn't really care if it has more death metal or hardcore punk into it..we just call it grind..

suffocation, yes. cannibal corpse, no.

junkyard_god said:
distinguishing which band belongs to this or that genre is pretty confusing..well, most of the metalheads here in our country doesn't really care if it has more death metal or hardcore punk into it..we just call it grind..

suffocation, yes. cannibal corpse, no.

Yeah, I can get how people find it hard to tell the difference between death metal and grindcore because it sounds pretty similar. I said Cannibal Corpse because bands like Dying Fetus sound pretty much like them.

Death metal and grindcore aren't similar at all. Goregrind and deathgrind are two forms of "in-between" that I can see getting mixed up. But for me:

Death metal = rhythm-focused, primarily
Grindcore = speed and catchiness focused, primarily

I didn't say they are the same but they sound similar. I mean, if you're new to death or grind it's understandable that you can't tell the difference. The main difference is death metal is a form of metal and pure grindcore is a form of punk.

OrganSplitter said:
I like grindcore, but like most of you i think the songs are way 2 short.
But i can imagine that, cauze grindcore is fucking hard 2 play, i mean hear the drums, how quick do you have 2 be to play some grindcore, can you hold that speed for 5 minutes??

But anyway the best grindcore band in my eyes is, REGURGITATE, necrophagist, kutschurft, and extremantory grindcore fuckers....

necrophagist are not grindcore.

my grindcore listening extends only as far as fuck...i'm dead and circle of dead children

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Death metal and grindcore aren't similar at all. Goregrind and deathgrind are two forms of "in-between" that I can see getting mixed up. But for me:

Death metal = rhythm-focused, primarily
Grindcore = speed and catchiness focused, primarily

I'd also say that its to do with the sort of riffs used, heavier thrash influenced riffs in DM as opposed to extremely sped-up hardcore ones in grind. Though I'm not a guitar player so I can't give the technical features of each and they could be more similar that I realize.

Devy_Metal said:
i dont like grindcore.

you like Nevermore, so your opinions don't matter

I love grindcore

fav bands:

Napalm Death
Nasum
Pig Destroyer
Unholy Grave
Agathocles
Excruciating Terror
Gore Beyond Necropsy
Cripple Bastards
Carcass
Repulsion
Terrorizer
Dropdead
Spazz
Disrupt
Benumb

I could go on forever...

They`re short because they`re fast ;) and it gets fuckin tiring. I really don`t like it but doesn`t annoy me if i listen to a friend or something :p

fin_katla said:
They`re short because they`re fast ;) and it gets fuckin tiring. I really don`t like it but doesn`t annoy me if i listen to a friend or something :p

how could short, fast songs annoy you?