Grindcore

Jun 11, 2008
Grindcore, Deathcore, Gorecore!! what do you guys think of these generas? and discuss favorite bands!! me? i like

Vomitious Discharge!!!!

I'm not a fan of most of it. Every now and then I'll hear something that I like (can't think of any examples at the moment), but for the most part it just sounds like barely organized noise to me.

I like grindcore and goregrind although I don't listen to a whole lot of it. I really enjoy Repulsion, Terrorizer, Pig Destroyer, Napalm Death, Lymphatic Phlegm, The Day Everything Became Nothing, and Rompeprop.

This thread has potential. :)

I'm more of a grindcore fan than goregrind and those other subgenres mentioned in the original post. Bands such as Napalm Death, Gadget, Rotten Sound, Brutal Truth and Captain Cleanoff are right up my alley.

I'm starting to listen to it more and more...Pig Destroyer have been one of my favourite bands for a while now, but I also like Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Nasum, Brutal Truth, Cephalic Carnage, Cutting Pink With Knives, and other stuff with elements of grindcore.
Just curious, what kind of grindcore vocals do you guys prefer? I like just screaming and screeching (J.R Hayes style, but it doesn't have to be that hardcore-influenced) vocals the best lol.

Pig Destroyer rule.

Symphonies of Sickness is the best grindcore (gorecore...?) release ever, by the way.

Also, what the hell, why am I the first one to mention carcass o_O

I love deathcore. Good deathcore if fucking brutal. :)

Not a fan of grindcore because the songs are too short (at least the albums I have). Call me ign'nt but I don't understand how one can enjoy such short songs. I mean, a song that's like 5 seconds long... there's no way for me to get into that. Gotta be at least a couple minutes for me.

Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses is probably my fave grindcore album.