Groove-oriented death metal

Funeral Portrait said:
I've never really been able to get into Soilent Green. I've got a couple of their cd's but they just haven't sunk it. The other 3 I quite like though. I just recently picked up Cephalic Carnage's Lucid Interval and think it's a pretty good album.
If you dont like Soilent Green you probably wont like other sludge bands like Eyehategod, Iron Monkey and their ilk. By the way, Cephalic Carnage are going to tour with Misery Index in the fall have you heard?

And you put up your old avatar again. :)

If Feasting on Blood is the better album, it must be stellar! Misanthropic Carnage is really jammy.

Sepsism, Stabwound and Dying Fetus are the grooviest, most kickass DM bands I can think of at the moment.

Erik said:
Jungle Rot seconded... Good stuff, but very one-dimensional.
Well, chris-o-fer said they are in the same league as SFU, it dosne't surprise me that they are one-dimensional. That's the main problem I have with SFU, they start playing a pretty catchy riff, but they keep repeating it, and it's the same thing the entire song. That, and on Bringer of Blood, Barnes vocals just kill the album.

Cryptkeeper said:
Well, chris-o-fer said they are in the same league as SFU, it dosne't surprise me that they are one-dimensional. That's the main problem I have with SFU, they start playing a pretty catchy riff, but they keep repeating it, and it's the same thing the entire song. That, and on Bringer of Blood, Barnes vocals just kill the album.
Now I've hardly listened to SFU, but Jungle Rot reminded me of Bolt Thrower more than anything. I wrote a review of their latest: http://www.royalcarnage.com/Reviews/erik/jungle rot/hate_rev.htm

Cryptkeeper said:
That, and on Bringer of Blood, Barnes vocals just kill the album.
NOWAR.jpg