Old School Death Groove bands

mAsk

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2004
I want to know everyones opinion about Six Feet Under. My personal opionion is that they are trashed heavily for no reason, simply because of the lack of speed and lack of technicality. I also like technical death as well but there is something to be said for some good old Death-Groove riffing. Six Feet Under in my mind are the epitome of Death-Groove. I have a hard time getting people to agree with me on that. My belief is that with Obituary splitting up and the huge spike in Tech Death bands like SFU are being abandoned. I miss this Sub-Genre if you will, there is not enough of it now and I would like your opinions on both the band Six Feet Under, and the Degredation of Death-Groove...and also, If you know of a death-groove band I should check out please feel free to list.

Thanks,

mAsk

I'm not a fan but I like some SFU songs (from Warpath I think, not sure), lately I've discovered a good groovy old school death metal band called My Darkest Hate, somewhat influenced by Bolt Thrower and Co., really good!

"Warpath" rules
but the definition of the thread title is imo Entombed - "Wolverine Blues" and this is the band you should check out. Also their "Morning Star" kicks some serious ass too.

six feet under's ok...i mean looking at it from a musician's point of view they suck ass. they arent really that talented and its all real simple, but it sounds good. so i dont think people should dis sfu just cause they dont use good solos or fast pace guitar action. they make good simple death metal. though there's not much to the lyrics either. im not the biggest fan of six feet under by any means. but they arent as bad as people make them out to be

Glad I found a couple people to somewhat agree with me, I appreciate the band suggestions....will check them out asap. If you think of, or hear any otheer bands I should check out let me know. BTW ...l already have been listening to "Wolverine Blues" from entombed, but I will pick up the other one you mentioned and check it out.

tRiad

I'm not a fan really...but they do groove. Regardless, even if they want to just do the heavy grooving thing and not get all technical, they could at the very least write some more diverse lyrics, instead of repeating 4 or 5 lines over and over again...but that's just my opinion.

They are out there busting their asses and making fans happy, and at the end of the day, that's all that really counts...

My 2 cents...