groove quantize in Cubase

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
I have done all my midi drum programming already and it is perfectly quanitzed and feels like it has no life cause its too prefect!
Is there anybody that can give me links or a tutorial on how to groove quantize in Cubase? And is there also a script or ? that will change the velocities for you?:headbang:

I don't think it works 100% awsome but yes there is a way. I wrote it in another thread, you can see that here:

Drum programing is a bitch. It takes a lot of time to get it right and to get it to sound real. Keep working at it you will eventually get better at it. DFH can sound amazing and very realistic. Something to try in cubase to get more of a human feel (just make sure you don't go to extreme in the settings):

Open up the midi window (double click the midi event, I'm talking about the block of midi in the midi track that brings up the not editor).

Select the section you want to do this to.

Go to Midi-->Quantize setup...

You should have this window in front of you:

Picture1-2.png
[/IMG]

Take the position slider and move it away from 100% a little, down to 94 is good. Leave Irative quantise where it is (doesn't matter anyhow in this situation) and move the random quantise up a little, not to much or it will sound wierd.

Now apply quantize.

You will need to mess with it a bit to get to where you want but it should help any "machine gun" effect you got going on.