Growls on MTV

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
Yes it happened. MTV aired "What I Always Wanted" by this chick group called Kittie. I catched the end of it. Not bad as far as music goes, and pretty good growls for a chick.

It'll be ironic if chicks are responsible for giving extreme metal more playtime. Far-fetched thought, I know.

Video DSL

Viedo 56k

how about arch enemy

kittie sucks nuts..... they got all this praise becasue they were a new nu metal act and they were all girls...... right now they are actually improving their style so its not nu shite anymore and its heavier stuff that actually is worthy as metal.... but it still sucks...

It'll be ironic if chicks are responsible for giving extreme metal more playtime. Far-fetched thought, I know.

No kidden...haha...never know. It could happen. :err: :lol: Kittie...

just checked their website and found out that the singer actually comes from cologne, germany... funny thing. i should have recruited her for my own band instead... damn.:loco:

2 things. First of all the archenemy girl is better imho but kittie its more widely know. Second of all, i do not think its correct for you to say that is ironic females are giving extreme metal ( maybe not extreme but extreme for mtv standarts ) a break in. First of all what difference does it makes that they are girls? are we still under the idea that girls do not like death metal and other forms or music and that is actually surprising?. That could have been truth in the past but not today and EVEN if they are minority among metal fans why is that an irony? are the big filthy males supposed to be the leaders in extreme music? are you ashamed that a girl is making it big time while males perform poorly on other bands also on mtv? Are you plain jealous?. Surprising than girls are into extreme stuff and being comercially succesful while not in ideal situations its ok. To call it an irony its going a little too far and actually insulting.

Quite poor growling, sounds too much like your basic growler just like Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy. The song itself is quite poor too. Boring as hell, the singer's clean voice is whiny and the guitar riff is really plain.

Uhh... What's so extreme about that song?

angela gossow can put many guys to shame.
arch enemy vox sounded like absolute
shit until she came on.

IMO Angela Gossow sounds quite poor for the reason I stated. He sounds really, REALLY average. Quite a few growlers sound alike with her. Johan Liiva on the other hand was unique and excellent. Why did he have to leave...

@MacMoney: i do not know wolff's position but i mean extreme as in "extreme for mtv standarts " extreme. It do is a shame that it has come to this i recall watching morbid angel and CC on mtv a while ago on headbangers but those days are long gone. O and Angela Gossow might not be the best growler out there there are plently of growlers that are quite more capable by far, But by no means she is mediocre or standart. You are expressing yourself about her just as i expressed myself about Arch Enemy past guy.
But that is merely subjetive you are free to think whatever you think about her growls