GTA IV = best game ever

Dude, good RPG for the PS2 with a good story, if you can find it Digital Devil Saga 1&2, and in a few days you'll be able to get Persona 3 which happens to be part of one of the best gaming series ever Shin Megami Tensei.

Planescape Torment is THE most well written RPG game ever. Incredible game that you definitely need to have played.

Fixed. :D

Really should get around to re-playing it some day.

Bloodlines is great to, but unfortunately I've never actually finished it as it turns into a massive shit fest towards the end. Particularly if you've chosen to go with a less "fighter-like" character.

And Malkavians > all. :headbang:

Bloodlines is great to, but unfortunately I've never actually finished it as it turns into a massive shit fest towards the end. Particularly if you've chosen to go with a less "fighter-like" character.

Eh? I don't see how it turned into a shitfest toward the end. Chinatown was pretty lame, yes, but I thoroughly enjoyed most of the main quests toward the end. And Griffith Park was probably one of the scariest/most disturbing moments I've ever experienced in a game.

Overall, I'd say the best chunk of the game took place while in the Downtown area. The museum and Grout's mansion were both really interesting missions, and there's just tons of awesome side quest stuff to do in the city. I loved breaking into people's apartments and uncovering tons of dirt on them. :)

Eh? I don't see how it turned into a shitfest toward the end. Chinatown was pretty lame, yes, but I thoroughly enjoyed most of the main quests toward the end. And Griffith Park was probably one of the scariest/most disturbing moments I've ever experienced in a game.

Overall, I'd say the best chunk of the game took place while in the Downtown area. The museum and Grout's mansion were both really interesting missions, and there's just tons of awesome side quest stuff to do in the city. I loved breaking into people's apartments and uncovering tons of dirt on them. :)

For the most part I enjoyed Chinatown (cool music to :)). And Griffith Park... was that the bit with the werewolf? Shat my pants I did.

Let me clarify "shitfest". For a game that prided itself on allowing the player to choose their own path and approach each obstacle/quest/mission/whatever however they like (eg do I bash this guys skull in? do I drive him insane? do I use my leet persuasive skillz? do I be a stealthy ninja?). The last 1/4 or so of the game largely consisted of kill or be killed. And if you'd dedicated the majority of your XP to non fighting relating skills you were pretty much fucked.

It's true that in the out-of-the-box version of the game it got really hard towards the end. The first time I played through it I actually did make a fighting character (focusing on melee) and was still barely able to kill the Kuei Jin boss (having to resort to using all of the guns I had collected despite having hardly any skillpoints in those).

But the patches scaled the difficulty a bit better. In the end you still need some fighting skills though because I don't think there is any way to avoid having to fight atleast one of the two bosses.

For the most part I enjoyed Chinatown (cool music to :)). And Griffith Park... was that the bit with the werewolf? Shat my pants I did.

Let me clarify "shitfest". For a game that prided itself on allowing the player to choose their own path and approach each obstacle/quest/mission/whatever however they like (eg do I bash this guys skull in? do I drive him insane? do I use my leet persuasive skillz? do I be a stealthy ninja?). The last 1/4 or so of the game largely consisted of kill or be killed. And if you'd dedicated the majority of your XP to non fighting relating skills you were pretty much fucked.

Hehe, I just got done playing through the game again. I played as a Malkavian, just to add some novelty to the experience. Some of their dialogue options are hilarious.

You're right about the game being biased toward brute force by the end. Those social feats don't really do anything for you in the boss fights. Might've been cool if they had arranged some way for you to enlist help in your final battle, or maybe talk the Kuei-Jin into an attack on the prince's tower, or take a hostage via stealth, or something. Oh well. At any rate, I'm not sure you even need any stats for the boss fights if you have enough flamethrower fuel. :)

There are at least 6 or 7 stats in the game that have no real value beyond being 'for fun'. I don't think the intimidation feat does anything that persuasion can't do, and stuff like seduction, investigation, and computers are just fluff to make the game more convenient.

To me, though, the most irritating thing about the game is the load times. My computer is just barely able to run the game, and even without running anything else in the background, the game will often take 2 to 4 minutes to load some of the bigger areas, which can be nauseating given how often you go between them. I'd play the game a lot more often if I didn't have to deal with that shit.

Despite all that, it's still one of my favorite games of all time. I don't think I've ever played a game with better storyline, dialogue, voice acting or character modeling. The level of artistic professionalism in the game is just staggering.

Malkavians > all! Funniest dialogue in a game ever. Also loved how you would occasionally hear voices. And the conversation with the stop sign. :lol:

(breast physics, anyone? >_>)