Guitar Competition 3 final round

Which of these clips has your favorite guitar tone?

• 1B

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 1F

• 2A

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 2E

• 2F

• 3C

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • 3G

• 4A

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 5A

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • 5E

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • 7A

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 7D

• 7F

• 8E

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 9F

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • 10G

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5A hurr, it's the one that sounds the most fitting in the mix, as in it just sits like it should with the other elements, on top of being a good tone of course. Most of the others I felt had this quality to them that was almost like karaoke, only with guitars instead of vocals.

I'm interested if all (or any) of you would stand by your choices if you listen to the tracks with some plugin on the Master bus bringing them to the kind of levels we'd expect from a commercial CD.

I ran all of them though to instances of Event Horizon Plus with some pretty typical settings and the results are more than obvious for me - at least 90% of the guitars in those tracks are too loud and overpowering and don't fit the mix all that well.

Download
All of the tracks' names are retained, but with a "_M" added to it. All of the tracks go through the same master bus plugin with the same settings and are not modified in any other way.

Wow, why we hear so different ? 5A sounds with too much bass on guitars,it lacks of definition. I think 3G is the best ! It is great and the guitars sound full, defined and live!

I can't believe how we provided killer backing tracks and DI's and ended up with all these pretty mediocre tones... Guess we set the standard too high or something? none of them sound good to me.

I suppose that every single person on this forum is terrible at getting guitar tones. What are the chances? It's either that or there's an issue with the DIs or the backing track...

I did this competition and I couldn't get a tone I liked for anything. Everything always came out woofy/boomy no matter how I dialed the amps. So I just gave up.

I suppose that every single person on this forum is terrible at getting guitar tones. What are the chances? It's either that or there's an issue with the DIs or the backing track...

ooh passive aggressive and subtly douchey Greg - I like this side of you.

It's the mix; it was done to suit the guide guitars I gave Ermz.

So, in a way, yeah - every single person on this forum (that entered the contest) is terrible at getting guitar tones for fitting this mix - that was what the contest was about, in the first place, though.

Maybe you didn't make a submission just so you can spew crap on everyone without getting any on yourself? Just kidding, of course. No one really cares too much, I hope.

Back to the voting: weird twist at the end... Erik said he didn't like 5a and Bam! 3C gets a ton of votes. Or maybe someone registered a million new accounts to vote? Anyway good luck to them!

I have made a submission, but anyway I have to admit that the quality of the contest is not as good as awaited. I have made another guitar mix after my submission and I have to say that the tone I achieved was much better.

Maybe you didn't make a submission just so you can spew crap on everyone without getting any on yourself? Just kidding, of course. No one really cares too much, I hope.

Back to the voting: weird twist at the end... Erik said he didn't like 5a and Bam! 3C gets a ton of votes. Or maybe someone registered a million new accounts to vote? Anyway good luck to them!

:lol:

WTF??

Haha, no idea man. I'm definitely not saying you had anything to do with it, I just have no idea when that shift to 3C happened, since I check this thread pretty often.