Guitar Hero III tracks so far

meshuggah would SUCK. guitar wise its way to simple. now if they had a drum hero, then id be all for meshuggah.

youre saying dragonforce fans are idiots? how dare you insult me!
~gR~

have you heard of Rock Band? It is a game made by the people who make Guitar hero except the game comes with a guitar a bass drums and a mic. You and three other friends play as the entire band. Or you can play single player on any of the instruments.

Rock Band

thats quite scary. i wonder if people are going to not form real bands now. virtual reality will kill everything!

here is one thing i dont get. i own 9 guitars, why would i stop playing those for a game? now if there is a way to use my own guitars as a controller, i might have to check that out.

i'll stick to online FPS games i think. cuz ya know, pretending to kill people is different than pretending to be in a band... i dunno. like i said above, i'll check it out.
~gR~

Well, you know, it is possible to play both the real instrument and the game.

yeah, but we already see people prefering virtual reality over the real thing, its only a matter of time before music and real guitar playing is affected. we start to notice fewer new bands, and then before you know it, music ceases to exist. its like the apocalypse...

but what do you know, you listen to the misfits... *cheapshot*
~gR~

Hey man, the Misfits fucking rule.

I seriously doubt a video game is going to effect music as we know it. People play the game because not everyone plays instruments, and the game is fun as hell. Plus, comparing what you do in the game to playing a real instrument is laughable.

ignorant scum! dont you see?! there is a conspiracy at work here. the govt is trying to prevent rock music from being created in the future, by enslaving people to the music of the past
~gR~

meshuggah would SUCK. guitar wise its way to simple. now if they had a drum hero, then id be all for meshuggah.

youre saying dragonforce fans are idiots? how dare you insult me!
~gR~

No, I'm talking about the idiots who have heard only that song and call themselves a fan.

My friend is all over DragonForce's nuts. He said he really wanted DF on GH because that song is fast as fuck blah blah, he has heard 2 songs. That and Fury Of The Storm or somthing like that.

I played Guitar Hero a few times on a friend's PS2, I couldn't ever get the notes and things right, I think I was pressing the wriong button.

yeah, but we already see people prefering virtual reality over the real thing, its only a matter of time before music and real guitar playing is affected. we start to notice fewer new bands, and then before you know it, music ceases to exist. its like the apocalypse...

but what do you know, you listen to the misfits... *cheapshot*
~gR~

I can't believe you are actually stressing over this. Obviously, there will always be people like you who would never settle for a video game imitation over the real thing, and without real guitarists and real bands, where will the music for the games come from?

So what if there becomes fewer new bands? We probably have too many anyways.

Don't be ragging on the Misfits; they are one of my favorite bands of all time. :worship:

There seem to be quite a bit of custom metal songs for that game:

Dark Tranquillity - Punish my Heaven

Death - Crystal Mountain

Psycroptic - Cruelty Incarnate

Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge

Last edited by a moderator:
I fucking hope they keep the £ value of DLC for the 360 to less than the current levels of ca$h rapeage (i.e. a mortgage for three songs in the UK)

i was watching attack of the show last night. they showed a video of gameplay for the dragonforce song. it looks intense! youve got to play the intro. basically you two hand tap the entire song.

impudent: i'm not totally being serious. though i do see people thinking they can play guitar after playing this game, which is sad. but the apocalypse, thats just an exaggeration hehehe
~gR~