Guitar Player's Practice Methods

Shaun 31

New Metal Member
Jan 16, 2004
I figured I'd go ahead and post this question while I had it on my mind. I'm about thirty minutes into my practice session this evening and suddenly you good fellows of the ultimate metal forum pop into my mind since most seem to play guitar.
Right now I think I have some pretty good methods, I know I've seen some progress and certainly a lot of precision after enduring a day or so of frustration after trying some new things.

Don't take this as if I'm asking for advice because right now I seem fine. I'm really just curious about what methods other guitar players apply to their practice sessions. Yeah, boring topic to most I'm sure but I'm such a curious fellow.
Plus, it could help me and anyone else in the long run. It's good to keep an open mind to different things and someone might use some technique that's just waiting for me to try it out.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be long. So don't feel like you have to write three paragraphs sharing to everyone what exactly you do.

One word: OVERKILL!!! :headbang:

Ok, I know most people tell you to start slow and e.t.c.; Try getting the muscule memory down, then melt the fretboard! I'm not advising you to try overkill with every thechnique you learn, I just think overkill is underrated :D .

It is only really good for getting down the nuances, but it's sure worth it.