Guitar players: XXX or 6505?

Of course I'll do that...I won't buy anything just off of word of mouth. I wanted to use this place as a sounding board to know what to look for.

What are the pros and cons to the +?

I honestly find that it depends most on whether you'll be using the amp's effects or your own effects.

That is what is going to make your sound. The clean channels are the only thing you'd have to worry about then.

With all the amps I've used, I've always had my effects, as well as use the amp's distortion, so it has always been about the both for me. However I find myself using my effects more than the amps.

At the moment I'm ampless though, stuck with a practice amp :(

I'll be using a Boss GT-8 in conjunction with the amp, so plenty of effects there. Not even counting your everyday wah, chorus, flanger, delay, etc., I'll be using the GT-8's EQ, Noise Gate, Compressor, and probably the Tubescreamer stompbox setting instead of the metal stompbox setting I'm using for the Marshall. The 6505 seems like it's got enough punch and would only need a little nudge of boost instead of a kick down a flight of stairs like the Marshall needs.

I just saw God Dethroned the other night and Isaac was using a Bogner Uberschall. Holy fuck. EVENTUALLY I'll get either that or the Engl Invader 150...choosing between those two will be hell. But that's waaaaayyyy down the line when I have $3,000 to dump on an amp head. For now the 6505+ will do.