guitarists?

Tri Axis--->Eventide--->BBE---->Strategy 500 --- 2 or 4 4x12's with greenbacks. Sounds that make me want to get my dick out come out of this rig. And I've had just about everything else out there.

That's a sweet setup. I've been wanting to try some Greenbacks for quite a while now. How is the tone compared to V30's?

There's a certain tone that only a JCM 800 with an overdrive in front of it (or a correctly modded one) will give you, and that tone is great for what it is.

Aye certain ballsyness to that tone that I love, real dirty sounding. If im not mistaken all the Jcm 800's are one channel though arent they?

If you've got the cash for a Mesa... you should spend it so.

I've been using a Line6 POD for the past 3 years or so now, and it does the job pretty damn well considering the price, but I'm really itching to upgrade to something more straightforward & ballicious.

Personally, I would not trust a Marshall to get the tone I want, but if it suits what you're doing, then go for it.

That's a sweet setup. I've been wanting to try some Greenbacks for quite a while now. How is the tone compared to V30's?

A bit warmer, the only draw back is on high volume clean channels they can distort a tiny bit if you don't roll off the volume knob just a tiny bit. Not a real big deal though. Yes it was an expensive rig, but if I had all the cash back I wasted on other crap I would have four of them. It's quiet, reliable, super x tra versitile and has more power than any person needs. The strategy series are the best power amps ever. Do it right the first time rather than regret what you bought in 2 months.