Guitar Players?

Hello!

I play a little geetar myself... I'm currently working with an Iced Earth tribute band.. guess what? I'll be playing the-hard-as-hell rhythm parts - a forearm workout if you will...

Any other "axeman" out there?

I play guitar in a deathpunk band which means I can play badly (and do) but it seems to fit in with the music.....If anyone doesn't play an instrument I can only suggest you start asap....form a band and no matter how bad you are to start with its the best legal fun you can have.....I should have started years ago...oh well........

Originally posted by mentalmeltdown
I'm currently working with an Iced Earth tribute band..

Don't get me wrong here, cause I think Iced Earth are cool (listening to the boxed set right now), but aren't they pretty much an unknown band. Why the heck would you want to be in a tribute band (one with difficult material to master, no less) of a band that sells maybe 100,000 copies of each album? I can't believe anyone is going to go specifically out to see an Iced Earth tribute band. You might as well join a Black Sabbath tribute band that only plays Dio stuff.

I play. Somewhat. I'm no good with lead stuff. I do own quite a few guitars. I can think of thirteen right off hand. That includes 4 JJ model Jacksons.
a JJ (early model)(gold)
a JJ1 (blk)
a JJ4 (japanese made)(blk)
and my pride and joy
a JJ2 (hotrod flames) I got it signed by Scott at the NOLA show this year.
It's my avatar.
<--- SEE

Wanna a crappy rendition of the first part of Only. I do the bass parts and guitar parts and programmed the drum machine. A buddy did the vocals. See what you think.
Only.mp3

I play in a gothenburg-death band me and my mates put together. too bad we've mostly dropped the tremolo picking stuff, it's more of a fretting hand workout now :)

I have to make do with an ok japanese jackson DRX and a marshall valvestate combo. hoping to find either a peavey 5150 II or a crate blue voodoo head for a decent price this summer, anybody have any experience of those?

i play guitar,not to good on lead but i enjoy making up my own riffs and stuff.

i have a roland jc120 watt amp too with a zoom effects unit attached,pretty fucken heavy!!!

I play. But all i have is a shitty ax-model ibanez. i'm gonna trade it for a real guitar once i get my hands on some cash.

Originally posted by Fat Drunk and Stupid
Why the heck would you want to be in a tribute band (one with difficult material to master, no less) of a band that sells maybe 100,000 copies of each album?

'Cuz IE rules. I'd join one just to play the songs. Who cares if anyone wants to see you?

Originally posted by HotRodFlamedJJ2
I play. Somewhat. I'm no good with lead stuff. I do own quite a few guitars. I can think of thirteen right off hand. That includes 4 JJ model Jacksons.
a JJ (early model)(gold)
a JJ1 (blk)
a JJ4 (japanese made)(blk)
and my pride and joy
a JJ2 (hotrod flames) I got it signed by Scott at the NOLA show this year.
It's my avatar.
<--- SEE

Wanna a crappy rendition of the first part of Only. I do the bass parts and guitar parts and programmed the drum machine. A buddy did the vocals. See what you think.
Only.mp3

Hey thats good stuff....but I really hate drum machines:D

My fingers are to fuckin fat to play guitar so I went the way of Lemmy and Tom Araya. I play bass ( o,.K ) Vocals (better then most) and have just started a bad with a second singer (no ficking rapping with this group. The best way I can describe the sound is Drop kick murphys combined with Slayers hate and evil If any one gives a shit when we record I will post a mp3. Bodyleuseak is right. Playing music is the most legal fun you can have. Rather you getting paid big bucks to do it or just playing for beer and gas money I can definitly say there is no better high!...... well smoking guama comes close!

I just started playing bass. I won an amp and the guitar with the cord and a strap at a poker game. we were playing a game called guts. each person is dealt three cards and three are dealt to the dead man in the middle. highest hand is three of a kind. each person looks at thier hand if they want stay in they bet however much they want no one has to meet it. then all the players compare hands. the winner then compares to the dead man. if he beats him he gets the pot. if not it stays. anyone who loses meets what was in the pot. so it can start out at a nickle anti. and then with 4 people losing it can get realy big. My friend lost at a 500 dollar pot. and so did his sister. I won. I got all the money and the IOU to his bass and amp. His sister had an IOU in the pot too. I told her to by me a case of shiner. We never played that game agian. It's been sitting in my closet for awhile, so I bought some B52s and a tuner last week and I've been practicing 5 hours a day since. It's great
-Jono-

MAtt when you play do youuse a pick or your fingers. I get a heavier sound slapping the strings but I seam to play faster with a pick.. Any recomendations to get my fingers up to speed?

I've been playin since '84. I grew up learing what is now considered "old" Anthrax, "old" Metallica, "old" Slayer. Basically the 80's stuff from them all. I play a Kramer Striker 600ST into a DOD 10 band EQ, a Boss Flanger and a Boss Noise Supressor into a Peavey Classic Chorus 212 using the onboard distortion.

Anyone have any ideas for a "closed back" sound with an open back? Cramming it as far as it'll go up against the wall is all I could come up with.