Guitar Players

I love how whenever gear is brought up that everyone jumps the case about how you need to find your own sound! Im not looking to collect there gear, i wouldnt mind owning a high end PRS though. I have my own sound, im just wondering if there is anyone who has or is trying to collect the same setup. I am mainly just interested if anyone has pictures of there PRS guitars?

Kenneth R. said:
Ed Roman is by definition an idiot. :lol:

I've got a GT6 but I play a Jackson and a custom built axe. PRS's are very nice but I don't forsee myself getting one.

How is the GT6? I've been thinking about buying a GT8.

I've got a Jackson as well, it's my only electric guitar.

EchoOfAutumn said:
I love how whenever gear is brought up that everyone jumps the case about how you need to find your own sound!
I know, kind of patronising in a way but it's easy to be a bit fanboyish with your gear especially if you're new or newish to the guitar. I've not been playing seriously (= practicing daily) for very long and you do try to imitate the things you hear. If I keep up the work I hope one day to have a sound that's my own but at the moment I'm pretty happy to play a passage smoothly etc.

Poor cunt right here. I have to work hard for my equipment, and I don't have any flashy stuff. Does the job though.

I'm a student so I don't have any decent income except during the holidays. I could barely afford my Jackson WRMG Warrior and I'm stuck with a line 6 15 watt spider II amp :cry:

I'm not student poor, but with four people living on my salary there isn't much left over for guitars although I have some decent kit. I won't be buying much more without selling something though.

I don't generally believe in borrowing money purely to consume, but you have a limited number of years to acquire money to pay for music stuff and a limited number of years to play guitar before you get arthritis. Therefore I think it's justified to get your dream kit as early as you possibly can to maximise your enjoyment of it.

^^That's a good point, but I'm only 19, so I got plenty of time before I get arthritis :p . And I'm studying bio-engineer so maybe by the time I get, I can cure it and insert Jimi Hendrix-genes into myself :headbang:

Opethian666 said:
^^That's a good point, but I'm only 19, so I got plenty of time before I get arthritis :p . And I'm studying bio-engineer so maybe by the time I get, I can cure it and insert Jimi Hendrix-genes into myself :headbang:
Lol, Just make sure you insert them in the right place! :)

no i dont want a gt8 chris, if i ever got one itl be a vox, and that amp would be good, or a engl, but my guitar realy isnt anything like peters is it

I can get a tone that's pret-ty damn close to Opeth's using my Hiwatt DR103, PRS Santana SE with Dragons, and a cheap little Boss DS-1 that cost me $40. Proper EQ really helps obviously. All of the Boss processors' sounds are basically available as individual stomp boxes. I'm willing to bet their distortion from the processor is a Mega Distortion or a Metal Zone setting. I wouldn't buy a processor for 95% of the effects I wouldn't use.

But all in all I agree that I'd rather have my own style. Admittedly, being able to dial in a good tone when I do wanna play some Opeth is fucking sweet.