What song are you learning

Silent Song said:
while i'm not actively learning anything at the moment, since most of my playing is compositional, i've been taking a look at Redemption, Fates Warning, and DC Talk recently. yeah, odd combo.

I never thought i'd ever see a Christain band like DC Talk mentioned in this forum! Ha.

i play bass too haggard :)

i can play:

advent
to bid you farewell
The Moor
Godhead's Lament
Serenity Painted Death
White Cluster
Dirge for November
Blackwater Park
Bleak
The Drapery Falls
The Funeral Portrait
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
Master's Apprentices
Ending Credits

haggard said:
What stretch are you talking about? Do you mean Hope Leaves? Cuz that is a long damn stretch.

According to a power tab that I got (I know they are not perfect) it is 1) done without a capo (I think they do use one, but this tab doesn't. My capo sucks, so I don't use it) and 2) has a stretch where you are fretting the high E at the third fret, the B on the first, and the G at the fourth. Getting them to all ring out is difficult. My picking hand is way better than my fretting hand. Still a work in progress.

My guess is that the tab could be wrong without the capo and stuff, but if you know a better way, I'm listening.

I've got, Deliverance, forest of october, masters apprentice, by the pain i see in others, blackwater park, demon of the fall, face of melinda, etc etc I know all the tabs on www.powertabs.net and a few more

right now though I'm working on transposing In the hall of mountain king (actual orchestral score), damn that song is fast to finger pick (I played it on cello) ending is too fast right now for finger picking

also I'm working on flight of the bumblebee which john petrucci transcribed 200 bpm so far just need to work on the cordination at faster speeds with right and left hand, umm what else

and learning home by dream theater on keyboard

I wanna start learning a bunch of Nick Drake songs, but that bastard had to use so many messed up tunings... I'll have to buy some shit guitar and leave it in the crazy tuning. I'm basically talking about Hazey Jane II, Pink Moon, Parasite, and some others, which are all in the same tuning.

I think I've tried to play just about every Opeth song, but I always give up and learn one or two riffs. It's been a while since I tried anything from Orchid so I might go back to that and give Forest of Octfrober another shot

Forest of October, counting out the "easy" solo. I'm having major problems with it, I can't choose my tabs for it.
And then I could play Advent entirely if I'd memorize the ending of it correctly...
And and and. Blackwater Park, the solo still needing alot of practice.

The only non Opeth song I can play (or I think I can) is Is there anybody out there? by Pink Floyd :p Thats not much, eh.

Working on the last song I have yet to learn on the Blackwater Park album, The Leper Affinity.

Bleh Flight of Bumblebee is a pain I cant get it any faster then 200, back to practicing speed scales

I'm now memorizing Change of Seasons by Dream theater (23 minute long song) fun...
and dance of eternity

umm
trying to get the As I Am solo sped up,

writing some of my own material with my band