What are you learning?

Yep, Marc is on board with this! It is indeed an ambitious setlist, I figure even if we only manage to pull off 75% of it, we will have accomplished some cool stuff. We have a lot of transcriptions between us (I'm supposed to be getting copies of everything this weekend) and Marc has done quite a few of his own, but I'll definitely take you up on that offer if I end up needing something. Actually, I'm really curious to know what you have. Let's take that conversation to PM or FB...I'll hit you up sometime this weekend. Also, how good is the Over-Nite Sensation book? I thought about picking that up, but for things like that album, the official releases always tend to be a total hit or a complete miss. I might have to check that out again.

I'm also very interested in hearing Mattias' version of the Black Page...I'll have to hunt that down. Luckily, I don't have to play on #1 for the show, but I REALLY want to learn that, as much of a son of a bitch as it's going to be.

I'll get you details for the show once they become official, and I'm also hoping this ends up not just being a one-time thing, considering the work that's being put in and the interest amongst those of us on board.

Very cool! If I were a little closer, I'd love to head up nort' and check that out! Be cool to meet you, and say hi to Marc again... Either message me at FB or e-mail me direct at jwillcoxon aht geeeeeeeeeee-mail doht com... I have a few of the transcription books, including Vai's The Official Frank Zappa Book. Haven't yet checked on overnight, have an audio project to complete. Should be able to let you know in a day or so. Cucarillo wrote the forward, but I'm not sure he did any of the transcriptions. TONS of GP FZ stuff too, some of it is pretty damn good!