Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Drummer

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Combo (E.g Vocalist and Guitarist)

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Other (E.g. Keyboards, Piano)

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
"The bassist is the member of the band with the biggest penis." - Les Claypool.

/bassist

I'm predominately a bassist, although if I was in a death metal band I'd probably be vocalist as well. Not in a band atm though

JoeVice said:
trombones in the house!!!! i played in jazz band last year, and symphonic band this year.

Awesome. Trombone was my first instrument after harmonica.
I played in a jazz band...and in a big band one time.

there is a jazz and big band night at a local jazz club that allows sit-ins...it is a blast to play with players like that....it consists of sight-reading material that is more difficult than anything that i have ever prepared...i usually end up playing about half of it correctly...and improve the rest...which is fun too.

I play all the instruments on the poll : ) but dominantly I'm a guitarist. Opeth within the first years of my playing was a major influence and basically my asparation to be technically versitile. Opeth is still a major influence / insparation but musically I'm trying to find my own path.

:Wreath: said:
A bass-less band for sure :D You wouldn't believe how hard we try to find one... There was even the possibility of me changing my instrument (like I wrote before I sing and play guitar) just to have the bass... The band was just brought to life like a month ago (although all band members are quite skillful musicians - we're no beginners! ;) ) and it's something less heavy then Opeth (although I do use my growls at times), it's rather more prog rock oriented... There is this one guy who lately claimed he can help us out with the bass but I'm not too sure of his abilities...

I'm wondering about this lack of musicians in poland. Prog is going strong there at the moment when I look at Riverside, Indukti or the elder statesmen of SBB. Too bad this could only happen via sending homerecording-files, - I guess...jazz and progressive stuff with an edge is just my style...

I mainly play guitar, I also sing, play bass and I dabble in drums. I'm looking to get into some other instruments like violin, keyboard, mandolin, ect, but I don't really have money to throw around like that.

Occam's Razor: finding a bass player and a drummer of any sort is extremely hard here... Everybody wants to play guitar!!! (although finding an actually GOOD guitarist is even harder...) I myself play guitar for like 6 or 7 years but if I knew the problems I'm going to have with finding musicians, I'd begin with bass in the first place... But... I've heard of bands that work 100% via internet without even knowing each other... so if you're interested, let me know :)

ok, not in order of priority:
Guitarist, vocalist, bassist, pianist, ex-violinist(haven't played it in years!)

:Wreath: said:
Occam's Razor: finding a bass player and a drummer of any sort is extremely hard here... Everybody wants to play guitar!!! (although finding an actually GOOD guitarist is even harder...) I myself play guitar for like 6 or 7 years but if I knew the problems I'm going to have with finding musicians, I'd begin with bass in the first place... But... I've heard of bands that work 100% via internet without even knowing each other... so if you're interested, let me know :)

Of course I am, but this needs a lot of forethought to properly arrange it, e.g. the equipment uaed for recording, etc.
I actually plan to invest in a new PC including recording periphery frot my "low end" - I have the crazy ambition to record Bach's cello suites in their entirety on bass. I have been studying them on my own for quite some time now...

So what do you think? - any experiences already?