guitar recording

abollo

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
when i am recording some tracks i try to record some fat rhythm sections so i try to record 4 tracks 2 hard/medium left 2 hard/medium right...
but when i am doing that with the same sounds they don't seem to sound to clear...
i mean you can't really make the difference between the 2 sounds
i play metal/core music so i am using a lot off intro's where one guitar track starts and the other comes in one bar later but when it comes in the other part just fades away (it becomes blurry???) how can i solve this problem ??? if i could get some help with this i would appreciate it

thanks...

so i get two sounds panned hard left so should i do this with the right channels too are what ???

and how much compression do you usually use on guitars maybe you could put down the threshold + ratio levels too the rest i can figure out for myself

thanks again...

not so much magic when you listen in mono....

I'll usually use 2 different set ups (different amps) and track 2 of each, but you have to be a tight player to do this, I'll pan 2 hard left and right and 2 in slightly. Compression, I'll compress around 160, 200hz with a bandwith compressor.

For the Haas effect, I would recommend only delaying by 3-10 mSec. 20-30 is going ot sound like slapback, yo.

God Forbid used 4 amps for their last CD, with good results. You also might want to try the two guitars on the left and right, and then a center guitar that sounds HORRIBLE by itself, but good when mixed with the other two. Really chunky and midrangey. With less distortion.