Guitar Setup

Today I changed my strings because next band I have to record will use my guitar. So I changed from C (12-59) to Eb (11-48), I lowered the bridge a little (half turn on each screw) and that's all.
Perfect action and intonation.... In C I can't intonate the low string well because I haven't more space in the saddle.
I don't understand how some guitarist can tune a les paul to B or Bb...it's insane.

I don't understand how some guitarist can tune a les paul to B or Bb...it's insane.

Well, what you can do is move the nut OR bridge(the nut is allot easier of course.).
If you need a longer distance between the nut and saddle, just detach the nut and sand it down width wise(Not height ofc.), and if you need to make it shorter, use a rasp to shorten the fretboard so the nut gets close to the bridge.
This might not be a great approach though, as it distorts the spread of pitch between the frets, but in some cases it works great!

Edit: "but in some cases it works great!" should be "but in most cases it works great!" :)
Edit2: Just realized, you dont need to rasp the fretboard, just cut out a part of the nut so that it fits over the fretboard instead(That way you only need to change the nut if you fuck it up.)!