Guitar Solo Living Dead Beat...WHAT THE HELL DOES HE PLAY?

Shreddy666

New Metal Member
Apr 26, 2006
Hey, I was wondering....

In the middle of that solo is that awsome diminished lick....:OMG:

But I just can't figure out what he plays exactly! The gp4 tab in the TABS Thread is closest what I've seen (Bars 121/122)...Sweeped alright, thats how he plays it live, but on the album it sounds legato...wide stretch...But let's say the way he plays it live is how he played it on the album...The beginning of that lick is correct I think, but somewhere at the end he descends to a lower part....that's not worked into the tab and I just can't figure it out!!! THIS IS KILLING ME! This lick rules! :headbang: :worship:

Anybody has any ideas?

grz. from Holland

Find my Tab Thread, both the guitar and keyboard solos are transcribed.

Thanks.

Btw, the guitar solo is pretty much official since it's taken from the Young Guitar jan video where he shows you how to play it.
The keyboard solo was transcribed by me.

EDIT: I just realised you went in the thread, the tab is correct.

LOL dude, did you take ur time to read my post? :p
And btw, I'm watching a vid of him playing it, thats not how he plays it :S.
He goes down again...I can hear and see it...
Btw, comments though, ur closer to the thing then me...I'm just saying that I dont know where he shows u this or whatever, I just know this is not what he plays on the album nor live.... At least not exactly, I'm missing the low notes at the end....

grz.

Ow dude thnx a lot :)....

This sounds closest to what I think is right....Mayb it's 100% I don't know, just listened to it once....Sounds right to me though! If you want to be 100% sure, there is this live gig in Nosturi wich was recorded for some finish tv channel I think...You can see the lick in close up there...You can dl it everywhere, Google video even has it streaming, not that great quality though but here is the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4713358546816611966&q=children+of+bodom&pl=true

Thnx dude, u've been great help!
grz.

Not sure if this was discussed or tabbed like this elsewhere

Code:
----------------
----------------
----------------
x-x-x--x-x-2----
x-x-x--x-x-2----
x-x-x--x-x-0----

The pickup to Taste of My Scythe, sounds like this ^ to me instead of starting out like I have it below as I've seen it tabbed many times:

Code:
----------------
----------------
----------------
5-5-5--5-5-2----
5-5-5--5-5-2----
3-3-3--3-3-0----

Shreddy666 said:
Ow dude thnx a lot :)....

This sounds closest to what I think is right....Mayb it's 100% I don't know, just listened to it once....Sounds right to me though! If you want to be 100% sure, there is this live gig in Nosturi wich was recorded for some finish tv channel I think...You can see the lick in close up there...You can dl it everywhere, Google video even has it streaming, not that great quality though but here is the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4713358546816611966&q=children+of+bodom&pl=true

Thnx dude, u've been great help!
grz.

I have seen that video, but don't forget Alexi isn't one for playing everything exact, but as I said, the way I uploaded the 2nd time is note for note from the book that comes with the DVD he played it on, fast and slow, it's probably the closest you'll get.

Shreddy666 said:
Hey, I was wondering....

But I just can't figure out what he plays exactly! The gp4 tab in the TABS Thread is closest what I've seen (Bars 121/122)...Sweeped alright, thats how he plays it live, but on the album it sounds legato...wide stretch...But let's say the way he plays it live is how he played it on the album...The beginning of that lick is correct I think, but somewhere at the end he descends to a lower part....that's not worked into the tab and I just can't figure it out!!! THIS IS KILLING ME! This lick rules! :headbang: :worship:

Anybody has any ideas?

grz. from Holland

+1

Shreddy666 said:
Hey, I was wondering....

Anybody has any ideas?

grz. from Holland

He plays a guitar in that solo.

sorry i cannot write what i would now but i cant without the webmaster banning me :D