Guitar tone competition 3 round 4

Which of these tracks has the best guitar tone?

• 4B

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 4C

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 4D

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 4E

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 4F

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • 4G

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 5A

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5A moves on to the next round!

4B was Kalapuikko

Gear used:

DI's ran thru MOTU 896HD interface to Radial Pro D2 Di-box being backwards.
Amp was Diezel Einstein 50 at channel 2 through Orange Ppc412 loaded with Celestion v30's.
Mic'd with a single Shure SM57.

Post processing:

Reaeq:
HP 60hz (leads 150hz), LP 15kHz
2db reduction at 300hz, 2db raise at 2500hz
RubyTube at rhythms to give a bit more top end.

C4:
Sneap settings to tame the low-mids. (Surprisingly!)

Bionic delay at stereo mode for the leads.

-Kalle

4C was Kev

I have a blend of two well known amps & cabs on the go, although i'd like to reserve what they are for now if thats cool. I use a degree of saturation on the way into the DAW which I have found over the years really helps to seat guitars into the their spot- so don't be alarmed when they dont sound great by themselves!

Leads are the same again, dialled slightly differently, with a healthy splash of delay and verb, coupled with a hint of reverse echo to help to discern the verse into the impressive chorus.

4D was Killzone2kx

Settings%20%282%29.jpg

4E was Kramer1309

GTC3.jpg

4F was Lasse Lammert

Chain:

redeye reamp box--> 808 modded ts9

rhythm1: 5150III-->Mesa OS (can't tell you what mic's, sorry :( )
rhythm2: 6505 -- > Bogner Ubercab 1xv30+1xt75 miced with a single sm57 each.

mic pre: API
AD: Apogee AD16x
processing: HP/LP with MH CS
AC1 and Smart C2 on Guitarbus (thought I'd try that instead of putting it on the mixbus (since that's not allowed ;) )).

delay: AIR
phase: AIR

4G was LePou

Two of the rhythm guitars are TSS->Le456 into a blend Burny (TL ST) and Ryan (s-preshigh) impulses made with LeCab2.

The other 2 are TSS->LeCto (Orange) into the same impulse mix.

Mel guit are TSS->Le456 into… I don’t remember which IR … I have bounced them in Reaper and delete the originals

First centered guit is TSS->LeCto (Red) into a blend of 2 Burny’s IR (TR ST & TL ST) made with LeCab2

Lead guitar is LeXtac into the same blend of Burny’s IR.

I’ll try to send you more details later (don’t have time at the moment).

Screenshots are more or less interesting has neither of LeCto not LeCab2 have GUI at the moment.

Here is the link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1393938/LePou Tone Comp3.rar

Wow! I actually got 1 vote! :D

now, since this competition is meant to help us improve, I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out as to what went wrong?

Wow! I actually got 1 vote! :D

now, since this competition is meant to help us improve, I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out as to what went wrong?

I thought it was pretty workable, your one vote was from me. Could have been a little louder on the guitars, that was my only gripe.

I really liked Lasse's also.

Funny, I though every clip so far has had the guitars really loud for something supposed to be a mix of a song and not just a guitar track with some background.

I thought it was pretty workable, your one vote was from me. Could have been a little louder on the guitars, that was my only gripe.

I really liked Lasse's also.

Thank you sir!

I mixed the guitars lower than i usually would cause when i cranked the volume, the entire thing sounded so wicked \m/