guitar.. ?

MaryJ

Bassist for Bedlam Galore
Nov 7, 2006
Germany
facebook.com
hey guys,

i think about buying a guitar and i just wanted to know if there is something i have to attend? i have no idea of that whole stuff... :erk:

thx, mary

Go to a guitar store and play all the different types of guitars and find out which ones feel most comfortable to you. If you're looking to get a quality guitar, be ready to pay at least $600. Also, I'd only suggest purchasing a high quality guitar if you plan on sticking with the hobby. I've been playing for around 10 years and I've only owned one high quality guitar which I recently purchased (Schecter C-7 hellraiser). I suggest Schecters, personally, as they're high quality guitars at affordable prices.

Look at BC Rich. As a BC Rich artist, someone who has played BC's for over 20 years, and even compared the to Schecters first hand, I can tell you they're more than worth a look.
BC Rich has come a long way from what they were apparently bad rapped for about 5 years ago, and anyone here who has actually_ played_ a new one recently, can attest to that!
If you're looking for a basic strat style guitar, check out their Assassin models.
I just got one shipped recently, and the thing plays very well, has a split coil feature (you can make the humbuckers sound like an actual strat single coil set, in 3 different configurations, between 2 pickups), comes with/without a Floyd Rose tremelo, and it's neck through as well; meaning this is one solid piece of maple going straight up the middle, from the body) Body is mahagony, great wood for a rock guitar,which is what I would think you're after.
Price varies between models (USA made, or import models), as does any company, Schecter included.
Hope that helps.
Happy shopping!:headbang:

Yeah, I certainly like the way those play, but I hate having to switch out the pickups and Schecters come with SDs or EMGs. That said, I was impressed with the IT stuff, and will be buying one when I have income (and I've gotten the pink Hello Kitty Strat thing worked out) and the time to set up a hell of a lot of wiring.

Jeff

last week i went to guitar center and I played with guitars under 500-600 (which is over my budget, so i gave up buying a guitar this year). I played a white 6 string warlock that was 300something. Played decent, stayed in tune, the neck was comfortable. way beter than my shit cheap yamaha guitar. I also played a jackson V that was 400, what a piece of shit....The schecters I played are awesome. probably the best bang for the buck. I forgot the model, but it was 500 and had a coiltap, that was nice. It felt overall more metal. (played all guitar on the same amp with same settings). I played a cheap ignitor too. Nice guitar, equally good with the schecter, but I liked the schecter better. But my opinion doesnt' count cause i'm a n00b. The schecter came with SD pickups

That Schecter was likely one of the Blackjack series - JB bridge, 59 neck, mahogany body and interesting switching that I can't recall off the top of my head - and, having one myself (the 7), I can safely say that they kick tremendous amounts of ass for any application.

Jeff

wow thank you!

checked bc rich's and schecter's homepage and they have really nice guitars, but i couldn't find any lefthand ones..

i have an old acoustic guitar here and it's righthand.. i'm currently trying out if i can play better with a lefthand or righthand guitar..

but thank you so far!:headbang:

I'm partial to Deans and ESPs myself, but BCs and Schecters are nice guitars too.

wow thank you!

checked bc rich's and schecter's homepage and they have really nice guitars, but i couldn't find any lefthand ones..

i have an old acoustic guitar here and it's righthand.. i'm currently trying out if i can play better with a lefthand or righthand guitar..

One of my best friends in the world is a lefty, and he learned right handed, and has been playing that way for....God.... I think 24 years or so?:lol:
You "lefties" are usually ambidextrious, meaning you can use both hands for writing/drawing/playing equally as well.
And one hero you can look to would be: Tony Iommi!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
As for a lefty guitar, you can find them, just gotta look for them!
If you can find a shop in your area(call around, someone has_ to have them) that has both, even if it's a little travel, it may be worth it, just to find out if it feels more comfortable to play left handed vs. right handed.
Hope that helps!
And happy shopping!
Steve

One of my best friends in the world is a lefty, and he learned right handed, and has been playing that way for....God.... I think 24 years or so?:lol:
You "lefties" are usually ambidextrious, meaning you can use both hands for writing/drawing/playing equally as well.
And one hero you can look to would be: Tony Iommi!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
As for a lefty guitar, you can find them, just gotta look for them!
If you can find a shop in your area(call around, someone has_ to have them) that has both, even if it's a little travel, it may be worth it, just to find out if it feels more comfortable to play left handed vs. right handed.
Hope that helps!
And happy shopping!
Steve

true, in some points i can do sth with my right hand but playing guitar is more comfortable to me with a lefthand guitar. if i shouldn't fidn one i'll have to do it with a righthand.

there are not so many stores here close by me but i'll see what they have..

thanks! :headbang:

wow thank you!

ahh old acoustics...thats what i first was playin on for years before i got my first electric guitar. brings back memories!

I'm partial to Deans and ESPs myself, but BCs and Schecters are nice guitars too.

ESPs are nice, and I have a Dean ML that I bought as my first electric (it now is strung with 14-70, in B, with Dimarzio pickups), but Schecters don't need any pickup changes or wiring toys or anything, so that's usually what I recommend - hard guitars to complain about.

Jeff

another lefty here, learned how to play right handed.
it just felt more natural to me when I was a little kid.
they're blowing out Wahsburn 7's on music123.com right now for %99.00 bucks .
Grab one of those and you're good to go (7 string even)
Kind of a no brainer here.

http://www.music123.com/Product/Product.aspx?sku=20396

how good is that guitar? really i am really tempted to get that guitar tomorrow.

another lefty here, learned how to play right handed.
it just felt more natural to me when I was a little kid.
they're blowing out Wahsburn 7's on music123.com right now for %99.00 bucks .
Grab one of those and you're good to go (7 string even)
Kind of a no brainer here.

http://www.music123.com/Product/Product.aspx?sku=20396

that guitar is intersting.. do they ship to germany?

well, i'll try on playing righthanded with the acoustic guitar..

that guitar is really good when it comes to that price. we (me and my band) wanted to get three of them. all backups. but for some reason they won't ship it to sweden. I've mailed them about it, no response yet.

man that sucks..

well i tried to play 'highway to hell', but damn it sounds like shit.. :lol:
tomorrow i'm going to a shop to try some guitars..

that guitar is really good when it comes to that price. we (me and my band) wanted to get three of them. all backups. but for some reason they won't ship it to sweden. I've mailed them about it, no response yet.

Hey Noumenon, and anyone interested in getting one of those guitars.
Your best bet is to talk with them by phone (I know, it's expensive, simple solution= calling card), and let them know of your interest in having these shipped overseas. They may stick you with the shipping charges though, and any import taxes would undoubtedly be assumed by you as well. I've done this before, and that's the one thing it seems that a music store would shy away over.

Hope that helps, and good luck, hope you all get one of those! A 1k guitar for $100?! That's a pretty damn good deal.