guitar.. ?

you can also get someone from here to buy them and ship them to you to sweden, so you get by import taxes. My mom is pissed at me right now so i'm not seeing a cent for the next 2 weeks, i hope they keep the sale thing going on by then

I'd offer if I weren't broke and unsure of my address on a week-by-week basis - PM me if you want to try working something out in a couple of weeks or so (provided the sale is still up) and we'll see how that goes.

Jeff

Hey Noumenon, and anyone interested in getting one of those guitars.
Your best bet is to talk with them by phone (I know, it's expensive, simple solution= calling card), and let them know of your interest in having these shipped overseas. They may stick you with the shipping charges though, and any import taxes would undoubtedly be assumed by you as well. I've done this before, and that's the one thing it seems that a music store would shy away over.

Hope that helps, and good luck, hope you all get one of those! A 1k guitar for $100?! That's a pretty damn good deal.

Yeah. I checked the pricing including express shipping, customs and taxes over here. It's still under 160usd if I order three. Sickening :p

I also discovered that our drummer has ordered cymbals etc. from them even when they didn't ship to Sweden.

so today i played a "dean avalanche zone s" guitar..

looked good, played good and it costs about 150 € (around 200 $)..

what do you think of dean guitars?

btw: what is this for? :oops:

That is a whammy bar for vibrato, bending, divebombing... It changes the pitch of the guitar kinda. But if I was you Id start learning guitar righthanded, because youll have it so much easier to find guitars and equipment that you like. And since you havent even really started playing I dont think it would take more than a week to get adjusted. And if you need some serious info on guitars, join www.sevenstring.org . They really like to help people over thereand they have lots and lots of tips.-

That is a whammy bar for vibrato, bending, divebombing... It changes the pitch of the guitar kinda. But if I was you Id start learning guitar righthanded, because youll have it so much easier to find guitars and equipment that you like. And since you havent even really started playing I dont think it would take more than a week to get adjusted. And if you need some serious info on guitars, join www.sevenstring.org . They really like to help people over thereand they have lots and lots of tips.-

thanks for the explanation :headbang:

yeah i wanna play a righthanded guitar. now after playing a couple days i can clearly say that it's better than playing lefthanded. i'll check out the sevenstring.org, thanks!

Dean guitars kick tons upon tons of ass - like I said earlier, my first electric was/is a Dean, and while I'll admit to stringing it up with insane tension and putting the guitar's cost worth of electronic changes into it, it has been and will be an amazing axe and I cannot play that guitar enough. For that price, too, I couldn't recommend it strongly enough.

Jeff

yay i have a guitar :lol:

1431046no2.jpg

regarding the dean guitar: i think i'll play it again tomorrow and maybe buy it..

and what do you think about the amp? around 100 watts?

100 watts isn't necessary right now - find a good combo for now, unless you want to put down a grand for a 5150 half-stack. My first amp was a Cube 30 that cost about 200 bucks, and that 30 watts never needed to be louder; I'm now using a Crate 120-watt and I can't bring it above four if I want to comply with noise ordinance. I'd actually get something like a Cube 30 or a Vox modeling combo just because they're the best sounds you're likely to get at that price range and because you'll like headphone output (which you're not getting with a 100W amp) when you feel like playing after 9:00.

Jeff

Try a few in person, and if you find one new at that price I'd doubt that it would be the only one. I can't read German well, so I don't know details about that, but for the price it seems all right.

If that's how much you're looking to spend, I'd look at Agile guitars as well - I'd go for something made of ash or mahogany, and I think you should be able to find that in your price range. As far as BCs go, I'd personally look for an NJ or IT, I'm sure you can find a few of those on eBay for a good price.

Jeff