effects/pedals?

MaryJ

Bassist for Bedlam Galore
Nov 7, 2006
Germany
facebook.com
hey,

thought about getting a pedal or effect or sth like that but, guess what, i have no idea of these things.. is there something you could recommend?

thanks, mary.

Hi Mary,

Some good things I could think of would be a mutli unit, like the RP100 series from Digitech. I have one of these, used it on Enemies of Reality European Tour with Nevermore as well.

It has a lot of effects, that you can program to sound as you want it. The thing about this is, for the money, it has a lot to offer.

Effects include: The standards, chorus, flange,phase, digital delay,reverb, and even amp modeling as well. It's a stand-alone unit that you can plug right into, put headphones on, and use as an amp as well. Even runs on 6 AA batteries!

Anybody else?

Hi Mary,

Some good things I could think of would be a mutli unit, like the RP100 series from Digitech. I have one of these, used it on Enemies of Reality European Tour with Nevermore as well.

It has a lot of effects, that you can program to sound as you want it. The thing about this is, for the money, it has a lot to offer.

Effects include: The standards, chorus, flange,phase, digital delay,reverb, and even amp modeling as well. It's a stand-alone unit that you can plug right into, put headphones on, and use as an amp as well. Even runs on 6 AA batteries!

Anybody else?
can you plug a cab in it and use for stuff like gigs and band practice, but also as home practice with hearphones? if so i'm getting this thing ASAP:headbang:

I'd assume that it'd need a power amp if it were to run on nine volts (hence the effects loop statement), but get something nice and clean and you can have a ball with that. The Vox Valvetronix stuff is pretty nice too, if you're looking to spend a bit of coin and have tons of toys in one place.

Also, if you're interested in learning a little circuit design you can start building stuff on your own - great fun, great way to save money, great way to accidentally set your hair on fire... scratch that last one, it's amusing and cheap.

Jeff

Hi Mary,

Anybody else?

that sounds great! and it's not as expensive as i expected...

that vox valvetronix is wayy to expensive...

i think i'll get the digitech one.

thanks for the help guys! :headbang:
mary