Guitarists? sorry for another....

Hey, first off I'll just say that RockBodom pretty much covered all the angles for developing your style and general playing abiltiy. I'll just add my 2 cents and get outta here. I've found this little exercise pretty useful for developing finger speed and its all based around the classic blues scale so its pretty easy to move about to other positions on the fretboard. I like playing it on the frets I've tabbed just 'cus its easier to reach, but don't be too scared of moving it down to start on the 2nd fret - that way you'll build up your finger span at the same time (so instead of starting 7--10, you'd begin 2--5, etc, etc). Anyway, here goes:

E--7--10-------------------------------------------------------------10-7
A---------7--9--------------------------------------------------9--7-----
D---------------7--9--------------------------------------9--7-----------
G---------------------7--9--------------------------9--7-----------------
B---------------------------7--10------------10--7-----------------------
E----------------------------------7--10--7------------------------------

Hope that helps a bit... Rarrr!

Guppy said:
Hope that helps a bit... Rarrr!

Talliho there Guppy! I've heard you strum more than that old ass fender of yours! :lol:

I would say chromatics 12-13-14-15 back and forth up and down (hell even sideways if you feel like it). Check out tabs and songs you like ther is only on or two things that will make you loose your playing.

1 Motivation -play what makes you keep playing
2 Over exercising will fuck up you wrists and tendons.
Old Metallica is childishly simple and still sounds OK. COB's stuff will break you if you try to jump on that wagon right away!

Man, my Fender is still alive and kicking some serious punani! Got it nicely rounded off with a couple single coil humbuckers and locking tuning keys. Been dropped more than a couple of times (she fell down the stairs, Sarge! We never laid a hand on her) and is being held together by duct-tape in some places but by God, man! Does it rock! All hail the Strat! :worship: :headbang: :worship:

Guppy said:
Man, my Fender is still alive and kicking some serious punani! Got it nicely rounded off with a couple single coil humbuckers and locking tuning keys. Been dropped more than a couple of times (she fell down the stairs, Sarge! We never laid a hand on her) and is being held together by duct-tape in some places but by God, man! Does it rock! All hail the Strat! :worship: :headbang: :worship:

Always knew you'de stick to that 2*4 board thickass neck, and a Gibson too? Well Guppy, straight Ibanez 6/7 stringers here... Doesn't make me any better player though I look fucking awesome in front of the mirror(s) *strikes outdated metal pose*:ill::lol:

Am I the only one having problems with arpeggios? Sweeping kills my picking hand (not pain well yes pain in the ears!) Ta ta

@Needled he is single too! VERY SINGLE!!! I give him to you..

Guppy said:
Got it nicely rounded off with a couple single coil humbuckers

Dont wanna crush your fansasy-Disney Orientated orgy and all but thats a bigger contradiction of terms since someone told me bassplayers were useful.

Sorry my pimple assed Swede! Can't help much with the flash stuff. Give me a rhythm question and I'm your man. Riff-a-licious! And about sticking with the fender/gibson combo... Sounds fucking hostile running through a incy-wincy 120 watt Peavy PA into a classic '74 Marshall 4x12 bass cabinet!! :worship: Jealous?
@NeedledWarheart Hey man, I just buy the shit and put it in place. If that's what they wanna sell it as, then I kinda gotta go with them: Blame Seymore-Duncan. I do see your point however. Bastard marketing junkie-whores!! :p

i've been playing for like 6 years... i think the main thing to remember is to always challenge yourself with new stuff. learn different styles. find something that sounds awesome and hard that'll keep you motivated. i went from punk to ska to metal to power metal to neo classical to spanish to flamenco to jazz to blues. from alexi to ynqwie to satriani to petrucci to angelo, every style artist beat and feel. get on a metronome from time to time after you learned the piece without mistakes and go faster and faster and faster. i love sweeps, tapping, double tapping, tap slides, finger picking on classical guitar. play play play. www.metaltabs.com has a pretty informative forum also. from how to sweep to pinch harmonic and about the nine modes.

I'm an ear person myself. :D Feel so much more satisfying in the end; and let's face it; you can play the same notes in too many different ways. Granted, sometimes by ear you want to choke the life out of the guitar but in the end it's all good. :D

Dont wanna crush your fansasy-Disney Orientated orgy and all but thats a bigger contradiction of terms since someone told me bassplayers were useful.

:lol: :lol: oh, the poor, dejected rhythm section of bands. They SO get no love whatsoever :D

My friend had one along the lines of "Black metal bassist? that's an oxymoron..."