Im sorry....Opeth Fans.

GhostOfPerdition said:
...and if you want a real mindfuck, go listen to the song "Blackwater Park" while you're alone and let your mind wander off wherever it wants to go.. helps if it's a dreary and foggy English day. Drugs can help but aren't necessary. The song is a fucking musical trip
Totally agree.. That song just kicks ass. :kickass:

how can you people compare opeth with kalmah?? their sound has nothing in common except maybe growls
opeth isn't the kind of band you go to when you want an adrenaline rush, but rather something you put on to chill down and enjoy calmed.

I like Edge of Sanity better than Opeth, and I consider them to be in the same ballpark. I like Edge of Sanity's heavy-clean ratio better than Opeth.

i don't have all Edge of Sanity albums, and i the few i have i barely listened to, but at a glance they seem more like death thrash to me, something more like the Bloodbath demo. opeth has a lot of acoustic parts, and slower tempos.
well you said it yourself, but then opeth is what it is, not what it should be according to you. i still think opeth isn't comparable to EoS or Kalmah. imo ever since Still Life it's relax music that casually has death parts and growls.

Mitton said:
The last song you played was Ghost of Perdition from Ghost Reveries.
So it cant be all that bad.
New album is very dissapointing though I have to agree.
i personally think Ghost Reveries is the best Opeth album, only because i find it just that damned good, but then again i love Damnation too lol...

^ Agreed...For some reason one my favorite parts of any Opeth song is in Beneath the Mire( The Ghost Reveries) at about 2:36 seconds i think...I dont know why...Maybe because of the sudden change of the song. I just find it very well written as well as the rest of the album, let's not forget that.

EagleFlyFree said:
i don't have all Edge of Sanity albums, and i the few i have i barely listened to, but at a glance they seem more like death thrash to me, something more like the Bloodbath demo. opeth has a lot of acoustic parts, and slower tempos.
well you said it yourself, but then opeth is what it is, not what it should be according to you. i still think opeth isn't comparable to EoS or Kalmah. imo ever since Still Life it's relax music that casually has death parts and growls.

Well, the old Edge of sanity stuff is pretty much death, but later on he went on making more melodic anti-song structured songs. Like Crimson I and II, which I find kinda similar to Opeth's more heavy albums.
I would like to put it like this. EoS is death with melodic thingies, Opeth is melodic with death thingies. :p

yeah i need to listen to them more to know what i'm talking about.

yeah i really liked the bass & drum parts in ghost reveries too. very soothing. the kind of music you want to hear as you take off your shoes after a day of work.

EagleFlyFree said:
yeah i need to listen to them more to know what i'm talking about.

yeah i really liked the bass & drum parts in ghost reveries too. very soothing. the kind of music you want to hear as you take off your shoes after a day of work.

Thats what I picked up on. So precise.