Guitarists- What's your live setup? (and teach me abouts wahs?)

My setup:

p1280018yy4.jpg

I have a Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator Pedal and a Maxon OD 808 in front of it.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

i'm gasing for that guitar

Right from the Latvala Site-

(http://www.roopelatvala.com/guitarsandequipment.htm).

Lee Jackson GP 1000 Pre-Amp

Lee Jackson GP 1000 pre-amp. Roope says that the "GP 1000 is also an 80s product and it's one sound, angry sounding little tube pre-amp. It's horrible as that, but if you add active electrics and gainboost from your guitar, the result is just great! Needs a little EQ though!" Original Lee Jackson amps can often be found on eBay for reasonable prices.

Trust me, Roope never used Active Pickups, the active electronics is the gain boost.

Depends on what sort of event.
For my graduation ball I played with my Digitech 2101 (direct out with speaker simulation to board) and used my Randall RH100 as a poweramp in a cheapo 2x12 as monitor.
The PA was a piece of shit and most of the people there had almost no idea about sound so it wasn't a problem.
If I am using a wahwah I like my crybaby but I want to buy another one (not sure, Dimebag or Slash Wah would be nice) because the main reason I used the Crybaby was because I got it new for 25 Euros and I needed a wah.

If it's about a good metalsound I would have used my Digitech2101 into my Engl Poweramp and than my 4x12, fx from the 2101, not gigging anymore as a metal guitarist but I need to setup everything for our guitar player because he has no idea about amps and fx, he only owns a marshall mg50 combo and plays through the patches I created for his pod xt.
For bass I would go Bass--Sansamp--FOH.

ESP 607 0r 607B-->Analogman Modded TS9-->Morley Dual Bass Wah-->ISP Decimator-->Rackmount Rectifier-->Replifex in the loop for my clean tone-->Rectifier cab.

I could shoot myself, I had a Mesa Traditional cab that was built as a road case, not in a road case and I sold it for dirt cheap yers agow when I got the Recto cab. Doh.

Soon to be running that same set up but adding a Boogie .50 Caliber or my 5150 into a Marshall cab.

Not sure whether I'll us a Radial or Voodoo Labs pedal to split the signal.

I'm just starting to fuck with the wah but I like how smooth the Morley is. I use it more as a weapon on rhythms rather than as something to add flavor to solos.

gear.jpg

this, minus the 2 top amps, and just a TU2 for tuning in between songs.
amps are steavens poundcake 100's btw.

If you would've used your eyes and actually watched settings in the picture, he uses the Rocktron RSP 2400 mainly as a noise gate (the first batch of 4 knobs).

Touche. :Smug:

I've never seen a RSP 2400 so I wouldn't know.

Trust me, Roope never used Active Pickups, the active electronics is the gain boost.

I'm just going off what the article says. I'll be doing a lot of experimenting so I'll post clips and shit.

the stevens rule.....a pity fame ripped of their looks.

GALLERY_GIT0010484-000_1_images400.jpg

GALLERY_GIT0010470-000_1_images400.jpg

Stevens grill with peavey controls ;)

my main live-setup:

'86 Jackson USA Rhoads and '94 ESP Customshop MII--->808modded TS7-->Krankenstein+-->Engl 4x12 pro

Any one of these amps depending which band it is.
l_fa44dbca50640d8ac727ed8e9b5ef9f6.jpg

The 50 Top Evolution head is basically the same amp as a Cornford MK, same designer, British made, hand wired etc. 2 channel, dual master volumes for boost and a gain boost which I never use. It sounds much better without the gain boost, just use the TS808 for leads. The gain boost makes it harsh. Series/Paralel fx loop, triode/pentode switch. We had a couple of Cornfords in the shop a couple of years ago, side by side the 50 Top and the MK50 are almost indetical on the gain channels. The 50 Top has the added bonus of a clean channel. Its a very British "plexi" sounding clean. It would benifit from the addition of a presence control, but the BBE takes care of that. And at £900, its almost £600 cheaper than the MK.

rack tuner, alesis delay, boss rack chorus, BBE maximiser.
Pedal board is very simple. TS808, Tremonti wah, amp channel switcher, switches for delay and chorus

Depending on the band situ, I have a pair of 1960's, one with G12 75's, the other with V30's, and a MF400 slant cab. I prefer the MF400 cab, bigger cab and better low end response.

Guitars are usually Les pauls with EMG's.

ESP H-200 or jackson PS-4>digitech whammy>crybaby 95Q>TS7>krank rev jr.>avatar 2x12

for 4-5 years i've had an ampeg vl-1002/marshall 1/2 stack, but am selling that since i have the krank...then i plan on adding a 5150 combo and A/B/Y'ing to both amps, and adding probably a noise suppressor and delay when i get around to playing live again