Guitarists- What's your live setup? (and teach me abouts wahs?)

Gibson sg or Les Paul -> Tu2 ->Whammy Pedal-> Memory Man -> Phase 90

-> Radial Head bone-> Maxon 808 -> NS2 -> 5150 ->Radial Headbone
-> Radial Head bone-> Marshall DSL100 (with jjs) ->Radial Headbone

->Orange ppc 4x12 ad

cumming in your ear pussys

gear.jpg

Ah Dan you gotta do us another one of them when we've sorted our new rigs out haha!

Maxon not going through the send and return of your NS2? :OMG:

Feedback city surely?

haha you noticed! The maxon actually does go through the send and return...in reality. I just got bored half way through knocking that up - I'll sort it out one day. Let me know when you've nailed your new rig!

(it's also a Roland Mk-50, not 100)

I'm going to be adding some pedals over the next year. Boss SD-1 and/or CS-3 ( both of which I plan to have modded ) and a EHX DMMwH

This has an Evo in the Bridge and a Tone Zone in the Neck. I've got a white 'guard for it and I'll have white p/u's in it eventually. Right now the switch is setup with Bridge HB, Bridge North coil, KILL/OFF ( just haven't found a single p/u yet ), Neck North coil, Neck HB. It gets a nice range of metal and 'Strat' tones.
PittBullSilo044-2.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Many people warned me the PittBull 45 couldn't really do metal. They were very wrong. It has great cleans too. I like this amp much more than my Triaxis and 2:Ninety rig which I sold to get this. There's no comparison really. The VHT has so much more tone. The Mesa sound just isn't me anymore.
PittBullSilo023.jpg

On Wahs, I like the Boss for live use cause it does a little more than just wah but I wouldn't record with it. It adds some digital artifacts/noise to stuff that you can't hear live but in a really quiet room you can. It doesn't color the signal much though. I like being able to switch between a Wah w/boost and Uni-Vibe w/different boost and switch any of them in/out at will. I had a CryBaby with the 5 way and the boost and I didn't like it at all. Never played with a Morely/Vox/RMC. I don't use wah much either but I got this cause it sounds good and does a little more than wah ( noise suppressor/a few OD's/a few Dist's/Boost/Uni-Vibe/Several other Wah Voicings ). It programmable and it sounds good. A nice toy for under $80.

My guitar is a Ltd F-400 (SD Dimebucker in the bridge, SD Jazz in the neck). That goes into:

Korg DT-10 (tuner) -> Zoom Tri-Metal (distortion) -> DOD FX80b (compressor/sustainer) -> Vox Wah -> Behringer EQ pedal (the dirt cheap Boss rip off)

Then into my amp (Laney TF700), with a DanElectro Fish N' Chips (EQ) in the loop.

I also use these, though the order chagnes from time to time:

DanElectro PB&J (delay)
DigiTech Hyper Phase
DOD Stereo Flanger
DOD Stereo Chorus
Marshall VibraTrem

Amazingly I get away with a noise gate - the only noisey pedal is the Vox, which I disconnect for half the set. The Zoom has mad amounts of gain (at 12 o'clock it's more than you'd ever use), but somehow it never gets noisey.

I'm the only guitarist in my band, and I'm the vocalist - writing songs with lots of pedal-hopping is a bad idea, and yet still I keep doing it...

Steve

schecter>korgDT10>digitech bad monkey>ibanez weeping demon wah>fireball>boss rv-3>isp decimator>engl pro 4x12

want to change to:

schecter>digitech gsp 1101>engl e530>digitech gsp 1101 (the same ;)>peavey 60/60 (whatever I'll get cheap)>engl pro 4x12

for local gigs (which is nearly all of them!) I use a simple setup:
2 guitars (same tuning. 1 for backup)
Krank Rev100
Mesa Recto 412 cab
maybe a clean boost into the front of the krank to tighten up the bottom (MXR mc401 or BBE Boosta Grande)

for road duties, its a Mesa Road King II (and a 5150 as a backup)
in a road case with a g-major, power conditioning and RJM Amp Gizmo switcher)
Recto cabs

Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR -> Boss TU-2 Tuner -> Boss SD-1 -> Crybaby from Hell -> Mesa 2-Ch Dual Rec w/ Trad 4x12 cab

FX Loop Send -> MXR 10-band EQ -> ISP Decimator -> Boss DD-7 -> FX Loop Return

Either:
ESP EC1000 (Black/Gold HW) - EMG 81/60 pickups, fixed bridge
Ibanez JS100 (Trans Red/Blk HW) - EMG 81/85 pickups, Original Floyd
Ibanez RG450DX frankenstein (Flat Black/Blk HW) - EMG 81/85 pickups, Original Floyd

Into:
Boss Noise Suppressor -> Rack:
Fender Rack Tuner
Mesa TriAxis
TC Electronic G-Major
Mesa Simul-Class 2:90
Somewhere in there, I have an Ebtech Hum Eliminator

Into:
(2) Carvin Legacy 4x12 cabs w/ Vintage 30's.
Rig is controlled with a Behringer FCB1010 (worst piece of shit in my rig, I fuckin hate it) and I plan to replace it with a DMC Ground Control in the future.

As far as wahs go, I agree that the Dunlops sound better, but the Morley's are easier to use. Also, unfortunately for Morley, thier pedals are HUGE.

Bringing Thread Back from the dead :heh:

Les Paul Std (81/85)>tu2>od808>mxr smartgate>

6505> (send)retro sonic phaser>boss dd3(return)

>Randall XLT cab w/v30s and ENGL old school cab w/75s

If we're playing a shitty venue or party or something I usually only use the ENGL cab as it's already pretty beat up.

LTD EC-1000 > X2 XDR95 Digital Wireless > Korg DTR 2000 > BOSS NS-2 > Ibanez TS9 > Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier > Marshall 1960B.

Wanna get a Rectifier cabinet definitively, and a few more thingies here and there, but that does it for me... at least live.

No FX dude? (not even delay?) And what speakers are those in the Legacy cab, Greenbacks and T75's?

No FX dude? (not even delay?) And what speakers are those in the Legacy cab, Greenbacks and T75's?

I'm so broke dude. I've got like 50 bucks in my acct and I owe like 2k on cards.

:erk:

haha. but anyways, yeah GB's and 75's. Maybe not everyones cup of tea but it cuts live.