Guitarists- What's your live setup? (and teach me abouts wahs?)

YEAHMINT.jpg

Guitar -> Tuner -> Boss HM2 -> Marshall JCM 800 2203 KK -> Engl Pro 212V

I had a cheap Harley Benton EQ after the HM2 but my power supply died, I also have to get an Overdrive (Maxon or Bad Monkey or...)

Caparison Horus/Ibanez RG 2550 --> Shure Wireless --> Maxon OD 808 --> Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier --> FX Send (serial operation mod) --> MXR 10 band EQ --> TC G-Major 2 --> FX Return --> Speaker Cab (Engl 4x12, but on the road mostly Marshall 1960 or similar) Midi Footswitch is a Behringer 1010.

i haven't played live in forever, but might be again pretty soon...right now my rig would be:

ESP h-200/jackson PS-4/ibanez RG550-->crybaby 95Q-->digitech whammy-->TS7-->krank rev jr-->avatar 2x12

if i end up joining the band i've been jamming with, the rev jr will be replaced with a 5150...the avatar most likely with a randall 4x12, and i'll need a noise suppressor in there somewhere - probably the ISP decimator

Guitar ---- Ernie ball 6166 (tuner out into a Kork Tuner Dtr-2002) ---- Zakk Wylde wha ---- Framus Cobra input (FX loop: old Rocktron Pro Hush midi gate/expander) ---- Krankenstein 4x12". (For my dry tone)

Framus Cobra line out ---- small mixer with T.C. Electronic G-Force in AUX ---- mixer out ---- Peavey classic 60/60 power amp ---- Custom shop Luc Lemay 4x12" (for my wet tone)

Framus Cobra, Rocktron Pro Hush gate/expander, T.C. Electronic G-Force control via a Roland FC-300

My live guitars are :
Mains :
Dean Razorback Explosion with USA MODS (DROP C)
Washburn Southern Cross no.48 of 100 with MODS ( B)

Back Ups :
Dean ML FBD tribute with USA MODS (DROP C)
Washburn Dimeslime 333 with USA MODS ( B)

Most of you will say it's too big. But the tone is amazing ....

Ltd V350 w/ EMG 81/85
Boss MT2
ISP Decimator
Peavey JSX (Ultra Channel)
Boss GT 10 in the loop (4 cable method, fx only: wah, delay eq and small bit of chorus & pitch shifter)
Marshall Mode 4 Straight cab

But I wanna dual recto:eek:

ESP viper/Parker fly deluxe/ibanez jem brmr via shure wireless into
ns-2 with bbe green screamer in the loop & korg dtr-1000 into
triple recto/mark v/block letter 5150 into
pod x3 and bbe sonic maximiser rackmounted in the loop into
orange 4x12/mesa traditional/rectifier cab
they're the three combinations I run for my different bands. Gtrs I exchange depending on what's in tune but the heads always correspond to the cabinets in order.

Holy shit.

I'm still working on mine...

img1256364539166.jpg

Those Peavey power amps are great, our guitarist has the 120/120 valve one that he runs live with an XTLive, sounds cool as.

On the subject of modding wahs, I modded my crybaby for more of a sweep a canny few years ago (and stuck a true bypass on there if I remember rightly). Not the best of examples, but on the song "monster in me" on our myspazz you can hear it (www.myspace.com/insylumaremetal).

My chain is basically, guitar to NS2, crybaby, ZW overdrive in the noisegates loop, out from the gate into a boss tuner, and straight into an MF350 through either a stock Marshall or a White cab running 4x celestion G30h's (borrowed at the moment but I'm gonna buy that fucker). If I can be arsed I'll shove a KK10 band eq in the loop.

ACtually we've got a live track up recorded through a Zoom H2 (needed a bit of sweetening to get it sitting right). It's not a totally accurate representation of the sound but if you wanna check it out its posted at http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/Insylumaremetal-2

Apologies for all the links, just figured it's easy to get an idea if you hear summat.

Guitar ->TS -> Boss NS-2 -> 5150

Rack: Furman PL-8, Korg tuner, ART 31-band EQ(dont use), BBE Sonic Maximizer(dont use).

used to use the BBE and EQ years ago but realized I didnt really need them. Now I lug around a 4 space rack for just the tuner and Furman.

new live rig:

sansamp psa-1
behringer v-amp pro for fx (soon to be rocktron intellifex)
run through whatever amp there is available in the venue
will get a marshall 8008 or sth like that as a backup poweramp too.

believe it or not, but i've been through countless amps, e.g. mesa dc-5, engl blackmore, marshall jcm800 2210, framus cobra, peavey 5150, laney gh50l, engl fireball etc...and this setup, esp this pre is finally the one that fits me best imho.

update:

jackson dkmgt/dean vendetta 4 with dimarzio pus -> boss tu2 -> engl fireball 100

done

edit: obviously through whatever cab available at the venue haha

haha you noticed! The maxon actually does go through the send and return...in reality. I just got bored half way through knocking that up - I'll sort it out one day. Let me know when you've nailed your new rig!

(it's also a Roland Mk-50, not 100)

Cool would love to own a blackmachine guitar these really look nice. What put me off though is the wait time! how long did you hav eto wait?

Also if my memory serves me well no floyd rose option on these right?

Thanks Dan :)

-Ibanez RGA121 with EMG81, EMG85, DR strings Jeff Haley signature, 10-56 (drop c tuning) (dunlop picks)
-Rock and monster cables
-Sennheiser EW-100 Wireless
-Maxon OD808(drive: min, level: max, tone: 12o clock)
-Boss NS2( maximum level)
-B-52 AT-100 guitar amp (custom transformer, custom Marshall footswitch, custom tubes) (Bass:Max, Middle:1-2 o clock, High:12 o clock, Presence: 12 o clock, Master low: Max, Gain: 9o clock)
-ENGL Cab from the early 90's(pretty thick) with V30 (not the chinese version)

As of late:

Jackson King V (59 neck, distortion br.) or Les Paul standard (85 nk, 81 br @ 18v)

6505 - Digitech GSP 1101 run 4 cable method into Randall XLT v30 cab all controlled by Digitech control 2

Just sent payment for an 87 GP1000. :heh::Smug:

With success before similar to what I'm planning, here it goes-

8 or 10 space rack with casters-

Voltage Regulator
Wirless
Gp1000
Intellifex or G-major
(pedals that are always on in the rack)
SD-1 or something (Bad monkey, tubescreamer, maxon something, who cares)
KK10 band EQ
BBE (A little can really go a long way but who knows)
(and if noisy) ISP G-string (pedal version of rack decimator)
VHT 2/90/2 (gotta love the KT88's right?)

Then out to a modified Marshall 412 (Gonna experiment with speakers but probably 75's) in a road case. Two modified Jackson RR24s (one being a white RR24M)

So about wahs- I really like them when they are used lightly, I hate that Kirk Hammet droning sound he has. I've heard morleys are great since they are switch less and you can control how much wah you want in your wah. :ill: The Ibanez Screamin Demon seems neat too. :oops:

Holy shit.

I'm still working on mine...

img1256364539166.jpg

2 years after the original thread :lol:

9b71fd20.jpg

Decimator
stock SD1
x2 XDR plus wireless
boss gx700 effects
Lee jackson gp1000
carvin ts100 w/ el34's and 6l6's

69b88183.jpg