Gun laws in the great state of NY

It's actually not important why they want to keep them. What's important is that they explicitly have the right to have them as stated in the BoR. Period. Trump card. There should be no argument against that.

I believe the the simplest argument against that would center around saying that the bill of rights is in fact, wrong.

OK so lets try thinking about it on a little bit more personal level.
I imagine most of you antigunners would have absolutely nothing against your mother possessing a firearm right ?
Or do you think it would make a crazed murderer out of her ?

1. A strong but unarmed criminal with an intent to cause serious harm or death vs your unarmed mother.
2. A criminal with a gun and an intent to cause serious harm or death vs your mother with a gun and some proper training.
Which of the 2 scenarios would you choose if you want your mom to have higher chances for survival ?

Now realize that the law abiding community is made of people just like your mother, so why would you want to make them less effective at protecting themselves ?

I'd much rather the first option because I wouldn't want my mum to think she could take on an armed assailant and get shot in the process. I'd rather she hid or did what they want instead of getting shot. Money and possessions are worthless when you're dead.

23305289.jpg

I would rather my mother blow that fucks brains out. :lol:

I did, she's not an american either so she said she's rather not have a gun... she wouldn't answer the raped or shot question but did state that she'd rather live somewhere where you don't have to worry about things like that.

that doesn't really do much to put a definitive answer on that scenario ... nice side step though

by the way, I'd also like to mention that I know quite a few people who don't own and don't wish to own guns

its not necessary to keep trying to get this false point across that all americans feel the same way about guns

Joe...
Congratulations !
You just gave the criminal the power to decide what to do with your loved one.
What a very wise choice ! (sarcasm alert)
That criminal surely has all necessary moral qualifications to make that big decision. (sarcasm alert)

Btw You saying "I'd rather she hid or did what they want instead of getting shot." means you completely misunderstood the question, so i'll reformulate it for you. :)

An online game with a real cash economy and in a fully lootable pvp zone.

Your enemy stats:
Strength 9
Melee skill 7
Ranged weapons skill 7

Your moms avatar stats:
Strength 3
Melee skill 1
Ranged weapons skill 7 (remember that i said "some proper training")

So would you rather have a fully melee or a fully ranged weapons situation between these 2 players ?
The winner takes all the losers equipment worth lets say 10000 real world USD.

ps. I am fully aware that you will NOT get it, it doesn't mean i think you are stupid, for me it just means you were brainwashed.

Oh and my mom would rather die than use a gun in self defense too, but that's just her being not exactly logical, just more emotional like most women are.

I'm not trying to say that all americans think like that... and I'm not anti america, it was a good home to me for a few years... I was trying to point out that most people who think like that are american.

Anyway, I don't really want to get involved in this debate, I only wanted to point out that most of the time pacifism is better than starting a gun fight in my opinion.

Debate on chaps :)

the vast majority of housebreakers are burglars who really hope you don't notice them, they just want to get in and out quietly with your valuables. Pretty much the only circumstance they'll seriously harm you is if they feel threatened and/or cornered.

Imagine the hypothetical situation where you're trying to burgle someone house. You take a gun with you just in case. Now, can you imagine any reason you'd shoot someone in the house other than they are threatening you somehow? Imagine you spot them coming down the stairs with a baseball bat or a gun. Which one is going to make you more likely to just shoot them?

yes, having a gun is a great idea if your facing waves of people who's primary intent is to harm you, but that's just not the case is it...

John you are expecting common sense from a burglar, you are depending on him making a decision to not to attack and to escape.
Is it really a wise idea to give him the choice when all you need to do is to show him a gun which will most probably make him go away, if not then shoot in the air, if hes still coming at you shoot aiming at his legs, then if everything fails and only then shoot to kill ?

That's where it doesn't make sense though, it's 50/50 as to who does the shooting and who gets injured/ killed, because you both have guns...

the vast majority of housebreakers are burglars who really hope you don't notice them, they just want to get in and out quietly with your valuables. Pretty much the only circumstance they'll seriously harm you is if they feel threatened and/or cornered.

Imagine the hypothetical situation where you're trying to burgle someone house. You take a gun with you just in case. Now, can you imagine any reason you'd shoot someone in the house other than they are threatening you somehow? Imagine you spot them coming down the stairs with a baseball bat or a gun. Which one is going to make you more likely to just shoot them?

yes, having a gun is a great idea if your facing waves of people who's primary intent is to harm you, but that's just not the case is it...

do you have any idea how many people are killed by baseball bats each year?

That's where it doesn't make sense though, it's 50/50 as to who does the shooting and who gets injured/ killed, because you both have guns...
Wow !
I am pleasantly surprised that you got that it is 50/50 when both sides are equally armed and trained. :)

But what would it be in hand to hand combat ?
A burglar vs an old lady ?
99 to 01 ?
It can't be exactly 0 chances for the lady, because she might get lucky enough to kick him in the nuts at the correct time and he unlucky enough to slip on a wet floor and hit his head on a kitchen sink... ;)

But they are in your house, that is certainly an advantage for you.

John_C said:
yes, having a gun is a great idea if your facing waves of people who's primary intent is to harm you

But not one person, or a couple? Are you kidding?

I just stay away from people, therefor I don't need a gun or any weapons.

People make me sick, people make me want to live in the wilderness forever...

I'm done with concerts, I'm done with fan meetings, I'm done trying to be friendly...I don't care about the scene anymore the internet killed it all...

do you have any idea how many people are killed by baseball bats each year?

I'm sure the answer is lots. I wasn't saying baseball bats aren't effective weapons.

But not one person, or a couple? Are you kidding?

But when you're in your house at night and hear someone smash a window, you don't know whether you're being burgled or whether you're about to be raped with a hammer drill and strangled with your own intestines.
Either way, you'll get your gun and someone may end up shot, but chances are you've turned a non-lethal situation in to a lethal one. The question you have to answer is this: is it worthwhile greatly increasing your risk of death in the vast majority of situations in order to minimise your risk of death in a very small minority.