Guthrie Govan

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Erotic Cakes...just get it...absolutely amazing and inspiring. I ordered it from his web site...was a bit pricey and shipped from England, so it took a few weeks, but well worth it. Does anyone else own this masterpiece?:headbang:

It's way too good. Guthrie is just way too good. I seriously go into schoolgirl mode whenever I listen to Guthrie or talk about him. It just blows my mind that he's that good, it's unfathomable to me. I had to stop listening to him late at night because I was losing sleep thinking about how good he is.

as far as us playing that next semester...trust me, there's no way I'm playing Guthrie's solos note for note:lol:. Not yet at least. I'll probably work out some of his lines, but for the most part I'll just improvise and cry on the inside thinking about how much Guthrie blows me away:lol:

It's way too good. Guthrie is just way too good. I seriously go into schoolgirl mode whenever I listen to Guthrie or talk about him. It just blows my mind that he's that good, it's unfathomable to me. I had to stop listening to him late at night because I was losing sleep thinking about how good he is.

as far as us playing that next semester...trust me, there's no way I'm playing Guthrie's solos note for note:lol:. Not yet at least. I'll probably work out some of his lines, but for the most part I'll just improvise and cry on the inside thinking about how much Guthrie blows me away:lol:

It's ok...he blows us all away.

We all have our strengths...I'm sure there are things that you or I do that Guthrie would enjoy too. Well...I'd like to think so, anyway.:lol:

Maybe it'd be like Highlander and he'd actually want to find someone who just puts him to shame. Then they'd cut his head off, there'd be a quickening...

ah fuck it....back to practicing:erk:

I think this album is the greatest thing I've ever heard. This guy is a phenomenon. His technique is jaw dropping, his tone is like candy, plus he's original, inventive and writes great compositions. I'm a 41 year old fanboy...and a giddy school girl in a green plaid skirt...Ha!

after a few listens...I believe this is the greatest guitar album I've ever heard...by the greatest guitarist...IMO obviously...but his style and tone is just all about my ear.

The main part of that song reminds of the good old days of Steely Dan. Makes me wonder if he's spent some time listening to Carlton who had excellent melodic voicing

OK. I got "Erotic Cakes" and it`s refreshing guitar album. Guthrie is good guitar player but I don`t think he is all that original or "the ultimate guitar player" like some people like to think. To me he sounds like Brett Garsed, TJ Helmerich or who ever of these younger generation of fusion guys. They`re all good players but nothing too original. Guthrie`s still a good player though with lots of potential to become better.

*shakes head in disgust*

srsly

@prman- Not liking him is one thing (honestly, I'm not offended:)), but come on...not original? I'm not sure where along the way you didn't really listen to somebody, but if you think he sounds like Bret or TJ (especicially TJ) then I think you really should give all 3 a good listen.