guys, i'm not feeling so hot today.

you need to pretend to look all right at the office. otherwise that reese's-cup woman will see you looking all wilted and say things like "WELL WELL it looks like miss prepciamo made herself sick by EATING two days ago!"

Freezing.jpg

actually one of my other coworkers, nadia, was joking about how i should say that i forgot to eat my one ounce piece of alotted bread last night and it's affecting me.

Originally posted by the_preppy
actually one of my other coworkers, nadia, was joking about how i should say that i forgot to eat my one ounce piece of alotted bread last night and it's affecting me.

Camus, The Stranger:

"So I learned that even after a single day's experience of the outside world a man could easily live a hundred years in prison. He'd have laid up enough memories never to be bored"

okay, he forgot the wo- prefix...

fortunately, you: A: have an indian buffet accessible, somewhere,

and B: you will feel better, regardless

goddamnit, i'm trying to do work here.

"A pestilence isn't a thing made to man's measure; therefore we tell ourselves that pestilence is a mere bogy of the mind, a bad dream that will pass away. But it doesn't always pass away, and from one bad dream to another, it is men who pass away, and the humanists first of all, because they haven't taken their precautions."

and a sentence later:

"They fancied themselves free, and no one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."

so:

- eat indian food as a precaution
- don't stress so much
- we're all imprisoned but occupying ourselves with messageboards saves us from the abyss
- camus forgot about the gender issue.

the french are like, okay. plus camus totally wasn't hanging out in actual "france" all that much, ya heard?
i think 'the stranger' is one of the greatest novels of all times, hands down.