H...H...Hold on!

Frostangelstorm

Mighty Ravendark
Sep 6, 2005
Blashyrkh
I just went to the official Kayo Dot page and there were some surprises for me - http://www.kayodot.net/www/description3.html

According to this page, the only voice of the bans is Greg Massi, and Toby Driver does no singing whatsoever. It also says that Byron kept on writing lyrics for the band, despite not being a member of it.

So, basically, here are my assumptions, at least, those were my assumption before I came across that page and reread it, please correct the wrong ones, because I am really confused right now:

1) in motW, Toby and Maria-Stella did the clean singing, Jason Byron did all the extremes.
2) in KD both styles were done by Toby Driver.

But it looks like I'm wrong.

What vocals does Greg Massi do on motW/KD records?

that page is pretty funny

toby did 99% of the vocals on CotE - we all did some screamy backups and the "talking" section...greg has only ever done backup vocals here and there,although i can't speaking for Dousing

FalseTodd said:
that page is pretty funny

toby did 99% of the vocals on CotE - we all did some screamy backups and the "talking" section...greg has only ever done backup vocals here and there,although i can't speaking for Dousing

Was that the end of The Manifold Curiosity? I always think that there are, like, twenty people creating an amazing cacophony to the riffs.

Who is ruining the official website? I am beginning to think there are several mistakes there. One other mistake I noticed is in the e-mail section: I sent an e-mail to Toby some days ago, but apparently it either didn't reach him or was sent to a wrong adress.

i'm specifically thinking of some stuff for the Ferryman...and I remember having a team vocal thing for the low voice on "The Antique" but I can't remember if that is what made it to the final or if what you hear there is just Toby's voice manipulated...

the end of Man. Curious. is just Toby

(I can't answer your last question, but my guess is 'no')

1) in motW, Toby and Maria-Stella did the clean singing, Jason Byron did all the extremes.
2) in KD both styles were done by Toby Driver.

I wouldn't know it back then but now having heard Toby's extreme vocals in Kayo Dot, I think back in motW most of the screaming is by him. Byron I think did the growling pretty exclusively. Like in They Aren't All Beautifull, from the latter part of the word 'poetry', and then onwards 'gouge my eyes...seawater soon' is Toby.

oh jeez. so i forgot to put "vocals" under my name. let's not overthink this.

also frost, i did get your email but i've been on the road for like the whole month. i'll handle it when i get home, ok?

xfer said:
to further confuse things, I thought Byron DID contribute lyrics for Dowsing? but I'm not sure.
Yeah, it says he does in the booklet. On one of the right hand pages, it's very hard to make out, but it mentioned the lyrics were contributed by Byron, except for the ones in Immortelle...

Helm said:
I wouldn't know it back then but now having heard Toby's extreme vocals in Kayo Dot, I think back in motW most of the screaming is by him. Byron I think did the growling pretty exclusively. Like in They Aren't All Beautifull, from the latter part of the word 'poetry', and then onwards 'gouge my eyes...seawater soon' is Toby.

I think there was Toby's screaming in one of the Bath tracks after They Aren't All Beautiful too. Heaven And Weak, I think... Actually, I need to listen to Bath again today.

Thanks for the response, Toby, I've been checking my e-mail, like, 5 times a day!

So like Toby... when are orders suspended until b/c Im thinking of being supportive for a couple days before just starting to post about random crap noone cares about again?

Frostangelstorm's passion for Kayo Dot makes me feel sort of guilty for IMing Greg to say "sausages" then walking out fo the room for two days.