H&H to continue with Ripper???

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Apparently this has been touted as a goer by none other than Wendy Dio. She apparently manages Ripper and rumour has it that she has suggested to the two ex Sabbath guys to continue H&H with Ripper or start a new band but have Ripper singing. Not sure about this myself - it could be complete bullshit but since Mrs Dio manages Ripper as a matter of fact, it is within the realms of possibility though unlikely. Ripper's recent projects have been more or less utter disasters so maybe he might be able to do something better with the two Sabbath overlords at the helm. Anyone believe this could actually happen and would you be for it?

It could be interesting, but to be honest Ripper needs a band he can stay with. And considering Sabbath's age, I don't think that's a good idea for him. I still think he's one of the top singers in all of metal, but he needs a band that can write and can be solid players.

Ripper's voice really needs to be in front of Power Metal, like Iced Earth. I don't think him and the Sabbath lads are a good fit. And as nomisofsiman pointed out, he really needs something more long term.

I can totally see Ripper maybe fronting another Iommi album, but I don't think the H&H thing is a good idea. It would be cool hearing another Iommi album simply with one good lead vocalist, instead of having various guests.

~Brian~

is what this would be imo if he actually joins H&H. Singer that doesn't fit the vibe of the band, and not a very good singer to begin with.

You may not like his style of singing, but to say he's not a very good singer to begin with? All I can say to that is......WOW!:err:

How are these not exact same thing, one being a euphemism for the other?

Saying you don't enjoy his particular style of singing is completely different than saying the guy can't sing. Which is basically what you're saying when you describe him as not a very good singer to begin with.

It's my personal opinion that Heaven and Hell shouldn't continue anymore since Dio was the binding force behind the band and to even consider having another singer to front the band would be a shame. Having Ripper's name bandied about is stupid.He wasn't a fit in Iced Earth and he would never fit in Heaven and Hell either.

Maybe it's time to just stop the band,from making new stuff. I see doing a few shows with special guest singers, but starting what would be like a new band I don't know.

I am very glad to see appreciation for the Martin-era Sabbath.
It is the most underrated in the history of the band, and I understand its for obvious reasons given the star power that has gone through the ranks.

He wasn't a fit in Iced Earth and he would never fit in Heaven and Hell either.

While I agree he wouldn't be a fit in Heaven and Hell, I would have to COMPLETELY disagree he wasn't a fit with Iced Earth. Glorious Burden was a fantastic album and his voice fit like a glove. As for Framing Armageddon, well, while I think it's okay now, it's not Jon's best work. 10,000 Strong is about the only memorable song on there and Ripper made that song.