H&H to continue with Ripper???

I am very glad to see appreciation for the Martin-era Sabbath.
It is the most underrated in the history of the band, and I understand its for obvious reasons given the star power that has gone through the ranks.

Unfortunately, I would give this a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening though. Those albums were good but they got so much shit for that lineup, I highly doubt they would ever do it again.

Those albums were good but they got so much shit for that lineup, I highly doubt they would ever do it again.

What????
Who gave them shit for that lineup?
Tony Martin is a well respected vocalist.
Sure, those albums were not as commercially successful as the Ozzy and Dio albums, but still.

I know you weren't into this stuff when Martin was in the band, but that was also during metal's lowest point in popularity too.

If there's anyone who can honestly say something bad about Eternal Idol, Tyr, Cross Purposes, or Headless Cross, then they really are not a Sabbath fan to begin with. Ok - now Forbidden might be a different story.

Love Tony Martin, he is a vocal god. But my guess is H&H would view that as a step backwards and that nobody would be interested.
What about Jorn? You know he would do it in a second. He worshipped Dio and did a solid job on the tribute show.

What????
Who gave them shit for that lineup?
Tony Martin is a well respected vocalist.
Sure, those albums were not as commercially successful as the Ozzy and Dio albums, but still.

I know you weren't into this stuff when Martin was in the band, but that was also during metal's lowest point in popularity too.

If there's anyone who can honestly say something bad about Eternal Idol, Tyr, Cross Purposes, or Headless Cross, then they really are not a Sabbath fan to begin with. Ok - now Forbidden might be a different story.

I'm not dissing those albums whatsoever. I like what I've heard and it would be cool to see, but I think at this stage of the game those Sabbath guys want to do something that will be fairly popular. I think you might be overestimating what the appeal of Martin coming back would be.

I think that if Ripper gets drafted into H&H it might work to build an image of "That replacement singer." Though as far as I am concerned, it would be a good pairing.

If I had my wish, I'd have Sabbath reunite with Tony Martin, like others suggested.

I mean, the whole reason for creating H&H was to continue the DIO era Sabbath. To do H&H with a different singer is 100% pointless.

Agreed. Hence the name H&H!!! Honestly, I think Iommi and Butler should do something with Jorn. Would make way more sense, but just don't call it H&H.

I always knew you were a moron, this only proves my point.

Right, because musical opinion = intelligence. There's nothing unique or interesting about Ripper's voice, so minus points for genericism. Then, there's that almost all of his vocal arrangements and melodies aren't very strong. The only thing he can do is scream like Halford, but in my opinion, there's way more to Halford's style than just his "Painkiller" screams. So yeah, I don't think he's all that good. Horribly overrated.

Saying you don't enjoy his particular style of singing is completely different than saying the guy can't sing. Which is basically what you're saying when you describe him as not a very good singer to begin with.

Except it's not. It's the exact same thing, except "I don't enjoy his particular style of signing" is the PC nice way of saying "I think he sucks" (which is what I said). It's all my opinion. Don't like it? Fine, we can agree to disagree and then give each other body massages.

Barlow would be a much better fit than Ripper for Iommi's style - not that would ever happen. Would love to hear it though!

Urban Breed would be another good fit, IMO.

Jason, the above quote explains my thinking better than what I stated on this thread.

Ok, maybe I should clarify.
I simply meant Iommi and Butler should get back with Martin for Black Sabbath, and NOT H&H. As I stated before, H&H died with DIO.
It was created to showcase the DIO era of the band ONLY.

I think Sabbath has made enough of a name for themselves as a viable band again following both the Ozzy reunions and H&H, that if they reunited with Martin, it would do well. Sure, maybe it wouldn't be an instant "headline arenas" type of affair. They might have to do a co-headlining tour with someone for starters.

Keep in mind that Martin fronted Sabbath greatly expands the catalog of what the band would perform live, as opposed to H&H.

The reality though is I am sure there will be another go round with Ozzy.

Tony Martin is a pipe dream. He wouldn't do it. He's still bitter about being kicked out for Dehumanizer, and then being brought back for Forbidden, which wasn't a happy time for Sabbath, as you can tell from how shitty that record was.

Ok, maybe I should clarify.
I simply meant Iommi and Butler should get back with Martin for Black Sabbath, and NOT H&H. As I stated before, H&H died with DIO.
It was created to showcase the DIO era of the band ONLY.

I think Sabbath has made enough of a name for themselves as a viable band again following both the Ozzy reunions and H&H, that if they reunited with Martin, it would do well. Sure, maybe it wouldn't be an instant "headline arenas" type of affair. They might have to do a co-headlining tour with someone for starters.

Keep in mind that Martin fronted Sabbath greatly expands the catalog of what the band would perform live, as opposed to H&H.

The reality though is I am sure there will be another go round with Ozzy.

I know what you're saying Jason, but I still don't know if they would view it as a step backwards or not. Certainly it would expand the catalog and I would love for it to happen. I just don't know if it would actually happen.

As for another go around with Ozzy. I would say that is not a definite thing. Ozzy said he's still going to tour for his disc for all of 2011 and from what I've heard, he won't join unless Bill Ward joins and while I like Ward, he just isn't that capable anymore. They also aren't getting any younger.