H&H to continue with Ripper???

What a way to piss on your husband's grave. Though I believe Ripper to be a fine talent, to have him replace Dio on H&H is tantamount to sacrilege. Let H&H rest in peace.

Understood, but the legacy would still be there. Why can't Wendy just put a band around Ripper and market him as "Ripper"?

You're quite right, the legacy would be there, but hell, that band has had quite a few singers since its inception, and adding Ripper to the fold (while it would be interesting, would probably never happen) would do nothing to tarnish or harm that legacy in any way. Dio was not the first singer for Sabbath, and I'm quite sure he won't be the last.

I can totally see Ripper maybe fronting another Iommi album, but I don't think the H&H thing is a good idea. It would be cool hearing another Iommi album simply with one good lead vocalist, instead of having various guests.

~Brian~

Glenn Hughes doesn't count? That's just wrong...

For sheer vibe, I think Russel Allen would fit well with the H&H sound...better than Dio and certainly better than Ripper...

I love Russell Allen and would love to hear him sing Iommi/Butler songs. But to say he'd fit better in H&H than Dio, when that band was centered around his very voice, is very weird to say the least...:confused:

I love Russell Allen and would love to hear him sing Iommi/Butler songs. But to say he'd fit better in H&H than Dio, when that band was centered around his very voice, is very weird to say the least...:confused:

HOLY CRAP!!! I meant better than JORN...not better than DIO!!!

:yow:

:cry: I AM SORRY!!!! I DID NOT MEAN TO TYPE THAT!!!! :cry:

BETTER THAN JORN!! BETTER THAN JORN!!

Unfortunately, I would give this a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening though. Those albums were good but they got so much shit for that lineup, I highly doubt they would ever do it again.

not to be rude, but you are on crack.

i don't know one person who talked smack on those albums back in the day or even now. i enjoy almost every era of Sabbath because each is unique in it's own way.

now, whatever that Forbidden ?? album garbage was, well that is a different story.

not to be rude, but you are on crack.

i don't know one person who talked smack on those albums back in the day or even now. i enjoy almost every era of Sabbath because each is unique in it's own way.

now, whatever that Forbidden ?? album garbage was, well that is a different story.

I know a number of people that were disappointed with Sabbath carrying on without Dio or Ozzy. Again, I'm not saying the albums were bad. They're very good, but a lot of people and even still, wouldn't give those discs a chance due to the vocalist change.

I know a number of people that were disappointed with Sabbath carrying on without Dio or Ozzy. Again, I'm not saying the albums were bad. They're very good, but a lot of people and even still, wouldn't give those discs a chance due to the vocalist change.

well, i will be polite and say those people are stupid. Eternal Idol is a classic album by Black Sabbath regardless if Ozzy or Dio were a part of it or not.

but back to topic - they should just get Martin on board and get out there and start touring on Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Cross Purposes and Tyr. i guarantee they will keep selling out in Europe if they do that.

well, i will be polite and say those people are stupid. Eternal Idol is a classic album by Black Sabbath regardless if Ozzy or Dio were a part of it or not. but back to topic - they should just get Martin on board and get out there and start touring on Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Cross Purposes and Tyr. i guarantee they will keep selling out in Europe if they do that.

Tyr is still one of my favorite Sabbath albums. They probably could sell out Europe (actually Japan and South America too). Would be interesting to see how that lineup would do opening for Maiden on a world tour. Maiden fans would probably enjoy Sabbath fronted by Martin.

I know a number of people that were disappointed with Sabbath carrying on without Dio or Ozzy.

Oh you do? Were you even born when this first took place?
Sorry - I don't mean to be a prick, but you continuously are speaking as if you remember when BORN AGAIN came out.

You are approching this from the eyes of someone who discovered Black Sabbath because they did the reunion tours, and not someone who was around back in the day.

I am not dissing you in any way, but have to call you out, as you have spoken now for about the 3rd time in this thread from the perspective of someone who lived the transitions from Ozzy to Dio, and beyond.

Well, I was around back then and have bought every Sab record new since Born Again. The Martin era did not do well in North America and that was caused by the vocalist fiasco (Gillen replacing Hughes on tour). The thrash and pop metal albums were selling. Not EI, HC or Tyr. Which is why Dio came back for Dehumanizer. That also didn't set the world on fire so Martin returned. No amount of fanboy tunnel vision is going to change that. Myself, I prefer Gillan, Martin, Hughes and Dio over Ozzy. That doesn't mean that everyone else does or should. People want the Ozzy stuff more than any other era.

Two words : Tony Martin

*endthread

Damn right.

I wasn't there "back then" and didn't get into sabbath but a couple of years ago, but I did listen to the entire discography from front to back :D Tyr's probably my 2nd favorite BS album.