Hafta vent...

MichiMikey

Apr 23, 2003
So...had a funeral for a guy at work this past weekend. Was on his bike with his wife when a pick-up backed out in front of them. It was evening and the sun was low and the P/U driver didn't see anyone coming. Wife was thrown clear, he died at the scene. Five kids, three under three.

Looks like we are gonna walk at work. DCX doesn't seem to be bargaining in good faith and the Union came back into the plant saying negotiations are at a standstill. 31 days til we strike. Contract is up on the 28th of Oct. Never been on strike before, gotta feeling it's gonna suck.

The promoter in Detroit sucks ass. I cannot believe that the fellas have to play in that shit-hole Harpos, when the State, the Michigan, hell even the Token would be better-at least in the neighborhoods that they're in. The majority of the MetalHeads are West-siders, WTF is so hard to figure out about that???????

:yell:

Sorry to hear about the guy at work, that sucks.

Anyway is the strike about pay raises over the next few years or health benefits? Or something else.

Bastards...... THe poor kids.... Anthrax played a place in Sacramento called the colonial theatre.. horrible place scott even did and Alpha mail that said it sucked.... when they could have played a smaller place and sold it out.... the BAD SIDE OF town nasty ass hookers the ghetto ....

Boy that really sucks about the guy on the bike. The wife must be a wreck right now. (no pun intended)

Sorry to hear about the strike situation. FUCKING UNIONS!!! (that should get some shit started)

Yes...HARPOS is a SHITHOLE. Anyplace is better than Harpos. However, I'll still be going.
I remember one time when we were parking at Harpos a nasty dude approached us and said to give him $10 or the tires would be gone from our car when we came out!!! My buddy paid him!

Not sure about the guy in the P/U...sounds like unfortunate timing. The wife is doing well physically, but she's got a long hard road ahead.

Work is not the unions fault, not this time anyway. Daimler has been screwing with us since they took over in 2000. We've had record profits. Freightliner - whom they also own, and is our biggest customer - has had record profits. These guys want us to fuck the retiree's on thier healthcare. You know, we make a world-class diesel engine, haven't had a raise since '98, and now they want more give-backs. I hate to complain about wages but production workers at the auto plants and thier bigger suppliers make more than I do and I am skilled trades. DCX just wanted a foothold in the US for NAFTA.

I'd like to get the phone number of this promoter in Detroit and give him some shit. I asked "Wu" if there was any way I could help but got no response.

Doug Podell is a Punk Ass Mutha Fucka!!!

That sucks that you might strike.
My fiancé's teacher's union voted to walk October 1st. The school board is really trying to screw them on healthcare and retirement. They've been working without a contract since August.
He, personally, doesn't want to strike...for his students' sake, but it's outta of his hands now.
I told him I'd walk the picket line with him holding a sign saying "Honk if you like cookies" a la The Simpsons.

Yeah...they kinda new what they were doing by making this contract expire Oct 28. All peeps will be thinking about is being laid-off for the holidays. It's gonna suck, but we gotta get together on this one. Orders are at a near high and they cannot really handle a disruption in production. Our two competitors engines are not holding a candle to ours, but one is Cat, and they have deep pockets and could hurt us if they really wanted.

I just want to get it settled and get on with my life...ya know?

Lordlindsey said:
What's up with Doug Podell dude?
You going to be at Harpo's?

Podell wouldn't know good music if it hit him in his artificially inseminated head.

Me and two other 'Thraxters will be there!! :headbang: