Hails

viking666

New Metal Member
May 22, 2004
Vancouver Canada
Norwegian born metalhead living in Vancouver B.C. Canada. I can still speak/read/write norwegian and go back to Norway every few years.

I play drums for a blackmetal band and a couple of death/grind bands here in vancouver. Nothing worth mentioning yet, but definately some potential.

Hails to the chaos

are there any Norwegian metal forums that are more busy? not that this one isn't anygood, I'm just trying to meet more Norwegians out and about and more specifically in Norway. It would be great to have some metalheads to hang out with when I go back to visit and to know of any shows that are happening around the time of my visits, makes booking a visit more practical this way aswell. Also it would be great to find out some of the better places to hang out when I have nothing to do. I've been to Elmstreet Cafe in Oslo a few times, aswell as Sound of Noise. but those are the only places I know of that are Metal.

I frequent a message board here in BC. West Coast Metal
It is fairly busy and sometimes extremely entertaining(funny and chaotic)
I'll see if anybody wants to swing by here, but not many have ties to Norway and prefer busy boards with different people other than the normal crue, if you get my meaning

hails

You could try the Borknagar forum on ultimatemetal.com. There are some Norwegians there if I remember correctly.

This forum used to be rather busy, but it's sadly been quite dead lately. Don't know why really. There still are good Norwegian releases coming out. I'm currently getting my ass kicked by Keep Of Kalessin's latest MCD "Reclaim". It's brilliant, one of the best black metal records I've ever heard.

viking666 said:
Norwegian born metalhead living in Vancouver B.C. Canada. I can still speak/read/write norwegian and go back to Norway every few years.

I play drums for a blackmetal band and a couple of death/grind bands here in vancouver. Nothing worth mentioning yet, but definately some potential.

Hails to the chaos

HAILS! I am a Norwegian-born metalhead chick living in Vancouver, as well! I moved here from Jessheim, Akershus; Norway, when I was 3. My Norwegian has grown to become a bit choppy, though. I was just there a few weeks ago.

I have been drumming for some time, as well. :headbang: