Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos

Originally posted by Ekakkub
i totaley agree with dreamlord SOILWORK SUX. NBC SUX. totaley unoriginal and boring stuff!!!

:lol: oh yeah i bet you could write better songs on your own :rolleyes: :lol:

btw have you ever heard of *opinion*:rolleyes:

:lol:

btw have you ever heard of *sarcasm*:rolleyes:

dumbass.

Have you ever heard of respect? :rolleyes:

:lol: did it took you much time to write a teeny insult like that?:lol: btw it was so obvious that you were being sarcastic:rolleyes: and remember this dude?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Smekermann
Shut up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make me :rolleyes: i can post whatever shit i want on these message boards, i'm not insulting anyone here so if you don't like what i posted don't read it and shut the hell up
:rolleyes:

you must think that you own this message boards or am i wrong?:rolleyes:

i wonder who's the smartass around here :lol:

Bro, give it up. Your attempt at saving face was pretty horrible. "DUHH, I KNEW THAT, STUPID!!! I JUST... WANTED TO TEST YOU! YES, THAT'S IT!"

what

what a lame comeback :lol: i didn't knew you were being sarcastic smart guy, funny that you ask me if i know what sarcasm is and you didn't get what i said in that sentence, read it again :rolleyes: and i don't need to save a face here on the internet, unlike you :rolleyes: btw did you forgott that post on the opeth board that you said to me shut up? poor memory huh :rolleyes:

here it is if you actually forgott it :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by Smekermann
Shut up.

Make me i can post whatever shit i want on these message boards, i'm not insulting anyone here so if you don't like what i posted don't read it and shut the hell up.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Um, who the hell are you? Two posts huh? SO you pick an old ass post of mine. I feel privileged.

There is lots of stuff better than Soilwork. But if I have to explain how and why, then you are a lost cause

Awww, no need to go getting all bent outta shape fella. Nothin' personal you understand but, according to your implied criteria of "posts" being directly relative to ones qualifications to impart an opinion on a particular subject, i woulda thought you'd at least offer up some suggestions on what you consider "better", rather than just tell someone to "go find" something that might only be "better" according to YOU.
I've checked out your CD collection and it is impressive to say the least! As is mine! Soilwork are not "THE best" according to me either but "THE best" is purely a matter of personal opinion and there's no mileage in being arrogant enough to suggest you "have to explain how and why" ANYthing to ANYone who has different tastes to your good self.

There are NO "lost causes" amongst GENUINE metal fans...no matter which genre of metal they favour, [unless it's total crap!!! lmfaoooooo.....like Linkin Park or Korn or shit like that.....relax eh, i've got a sense of humour TOO!]

Amen. :cool:

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I listened to NBC for three weeks solid, and it now just gets played most of the time in preference to my newly arrived Susperia release..... It's definately a step-down in musical technicality and intensity, but it's a phenominal leap forwards in emotive quality. Every time I hear it, i'm fascinated and stuck into every single song; where some bands hit you with complexity that requries you to pay explicit attention while you uncover more and more layers of the music, NBC just takes your breath away with it's grace and beauty. My heart literally soars in my chest when I listen to NBC.

Damn straight mate! I couldna said it better myself. OK, i aint gonna say my heart soars in my chest n shit like that, but i reckon SculptedCold's review pretty much sums up another solid effort by a top band. [my standard MO is having 5 CDs playing "randomly" at any given time....NBC is outlasting alotta other class acts..so i guess i'm addicted eh?]...kudos to Soilwork!

swizzlenuts said:
what are some better albums by soilwork?

As opposed to Natural Born Chaos? Soilwork's albums are all classified as melodic death metal, becoming more melodic and emotional each proceeding album. Steelbath Suicide & The Chainheart Machine are both a more brutal style, heavier and without any clean singing. The music is very complex but is a lot less melodic. Chainheart Machine is one of my favorites by them from the old style.. a blend of incredible speed, melody, and abrasive vocals. The next album, A Predator's Portrait is not quite as heavy, and incorporates some occasional clean singing and is more melodic. The highlight is track 3 "Needlefeast" in my opinion, but there aren't any other songs that stand out although its a good album. Natural Born Chaos is more diverse, again less heavy (compared to chainheart machine its soft) but still really in your face with sing-songy yet still heavy choruses. And the recently released "Figure Number Five" is extremely melodic, lots of clean singing, with a shocker track that incorporates beautifully played acoustic guitars with synths to back it up. It's still heavy, but its becoming more reminiscent of "nu-metal", which some fans of brutal old school soilwork may not like. A lot of bands are becoming more commercialized and accessible, including Soilwork, but FNF is far from anything remotely mainstream and Strid still screams as loud as ever.

Also, the special edition comes with a bonus CD with a couple demos and some unreleased songs, along with a remixed? version of Steelbath Suicide.. que the old school, no clean singing here.. both cd's are good.

Reactions: NeXTLiFE