Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos

It was cool when I first heard it, then I listened to it. It got really old fast. Nothing like their older stuff.

Only good thing about NBC was the production. That was top notch. Everything else, pretty watered down and way, way to commerical.

Spudd

Originally posted by Smekermann

yeah they totally sold out with this one. fuckers. i bet they're TOTALLY FUCKING ROLLING IN DOUGH RIGHT NOW, 'cause they so went mainstream with this shit, it's not even funny. i bet the nu-metal kiddies totally fucking dig this shit. shit, this album is probably already considered for the grammy award for best pop album EVER, and it already went double platinum! fucking sellouts i swear. they should've stayed TOTALLY UNDERGROUND!!! then they would've ruled ^_^

Can't you just accept that a lot of people don't like this CD because the MUSIC sucks. I could care less if it nu-metal or techno, it sucks.

nah, it's fun bothering soilwork fans, because lots of them get so upset that there are people out there who have different tastes

Originally posted by Smekermann

shit, this album is probably already considered for the grammy award for best pop album EVER, and it already went double platinum! fucking sellouts i swear. they should've stayed TOTALLY UNDERGROUND!!! then they would've ruled ^_^

*sigh*

So staying underground would have made them rule? And what - they've become a pop chart act like N' Sync instead?

Come on - let's not exaggerate here - Natural Born Chaos is a great album regardless of how many people buy it. It's the only CD I will ever own with the words "Devin Townsend" written on it. :lol:

Originally posted by Spudd
The new Susperia album you have for you pic there (Markgugs) flat out rocks. One of the best of the year so far for me.

Spudd

=( It took ages to grow on me, and even now i'm very disappointed. I was expecting something much more intuitive after Predominance. Nice artwork though. Band pics suck however.

Soilwork doesn't suck. The Chainheart Machine is my no. 1 melodic death metal release ever, and NBC is a beautiful peice of work that puts to shame other bands trying to softer route.

I think this is a great album, although didn't quite have the same impact that "The Chainheart Machine" had on me. But I will admit, they have devloped more of their own style/sound on this release. Definately one of my favorite metal albums of this year

Song of the Damned gives me goosebumps.

Its really quite strange how some of the keyboard breakdowns sound like they could be from a tech/trance/house ala Robert Miles - Dreamland type record. its freaky and gives it an etheral feel, especially when overlayed with dual harmonised guitars.

NBC rules. But I can totally understand how people might find this absolute shite.

Soilwork are defying the boundaries of metal. Call it radio-bs, selling out, mtv whorism, etc, but you can't deny the maturity of progression in this album.

When its all said in done though, I love their earlier albums more...

Maybe its just a phase for Soilwork?

Soilwork, could there be a band im less intrested in? its like wattered down Inflames, (which is like watterd down at the gates),

if your a soilwork fan and your into this album or there others i have 3 words for you.
-Theory In Practice.

-(the truth teller) Necromancer

NBC is an awesome album. It's a great heavy metal release. I can say... that when I want something heavy I might reach for Steelbath... but when I want inspiring music, I'll put in NBC. Sure... some tracks are totally corny, but the standout songs are really classics in the making.
Fuck... you're going to end up scaring all these gothenburg bands into doing brutal death metal at this rate.
If you're going to flame the band for going in a lighter direction... the go right ahead and flame Sentenced for Amok.

Has anyone seen the video for As We Speak? It's like some Soilwork fan went to check out their new material, the dissapointment on his face says it all. It's still one of the best metal albums on the planet but I think he prefered Predators Portrait.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
There is much better stuff out there. Do yourself a favor and find it.

Oh please, what kinda candyass comment is THIS? Opinionated?YEP...on what? who knows? Better stuff by by Soilwork? Or better stuff in general? And i guess, with such a STRONG opinion it'd be WAY too hard to elaborate eh? I kinda get to thinking that if this is what Metal Thailand likes, it's what Metal Thailand likes. And geez, after all, Natural Born Chaos certainly hasn't reinvented the wheel, but it's still a strong album by a strong band. Personally i prefer A Predators Portrait but shit, anything by Soilwork is worth checking out!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Um, who the hell are you? Two posts huh? SO you pick an old ass post of mine. I feel privileged.

There is lots of stuff better than Soilwork. But if I have to explain how and why, then you are a lost cause