hair length?!?

But I'll answer anyway...I don't think hair has anything to do with it.

My hair is past the shoulders blonde/brown--plus I'm female--

And my favorite band of all time is BORKNAGAR.

But my other faves are Arcturus, Virgin Black, Dimmu (because Vortex is in the band), Ulver (earlier stuff), Opeth (earlier stuff), Moonsorrow, Nocturnal Mortum, My Dying Bride (earlier stuff)

Squeak said:
Most METAL chics prefer LONG hair. Most non-metal chics prefer SHORT hair. I'm not saying EVERY chic, but on the majority. We love long-haired males usually, especially me, although I've gone out with guys with no hair. LOL But long hair, oh that's a DEFINITE plus, especially since they will understand what I deal with. :)
I second this. Guys with short hair are just boring!!! Guys with long hair have some bit of mystery and plus stand out among the herd.

It seems to me that there is some sort of connection between guys having long hair and what they listen to...it's pretty obvious. Most guys I know who have long hair listen to metal (myself included). Why? Who knows...as already mentioned, perhaps because moshing is better with long hair. Perhaps it is to be rebellious and to stand out. Both those reasons are partly why I have long hair, but I just think it's cool.

Metal = long hair. Not always true, but more often than not.

And on the subject of girls liking long hair on guys, from what I've noticed, chicks who are into metal like guys having long hair. Other than that I guess they like it short...? In the end it's subjective and all down to opinions.