hair length?!?

This thread is totally hillarious. If it really mattered on hair length and I was wearing normal people clothes instead of metal clothes (aka even preppy clothes), people would think I listen to the Spice Girls or classic rock or country! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yet, I do look like a metal chic when I dress like one. My hair is about 48 inches (120cm) long, in other words, down to the middle of my thighs, and it's golden blonde. Yet I listen to all kinds of music and bands, so you can't really classify me by my hair. In one day I can listen to stuff from Opeth, Edguy, Savatage, Vader, Kreator, Angel Dust, Immortal, Arcturus and Thyrfing. Then in the same day, listen to Depeche Mode, Johnny Cash, Mozart, Poison, Saigon Kick, Skid Row, Faith Hill, Fleetwood Mac, Pinky Floyd, THe Eagles, Dixie Chicks and a whole bunch more. I'm pretty open-minded about music.

I have a fro and I listen to; Inflames, Soilwork, Nevermore, Death, Opeth, Messugah, strapping young lad, slayer, rob zombie, Rammstein, radio head, queen, queensyrche, offspring, My Dying bride, metallica, megadeath, marduk, Malevolent Creation, Kovenant, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Blindguardian, Hypocrispy, Tool, A perfect Circle, Children Of Bodom, Carcass, Arch Enemy, anthrax, demons and wizards, stratovarius, just to name a small few on my list.

I listen to everything. not like death AND black metal but really..... all kinds of metal, rock, prog, pop, techno, synthpop, classical, jazz, etc.

I used to have hair that was 5 cm below my nipples at the front and about 3 cm longer at the back..... now its short but growing out too fast.... gonna cut it next week

about 30cm and brown... I want 80 cm :erk:

Maq said:
hair: 0,9 cm, blonde (it is generally said that women prefer men with short hair;)
pfff, what do you want with those hiphop or tekkno chicks o_O
I could never mary a woman that doesn't love Opeth :p
and these womans like men with long hair :eek:)

Opeth, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, In Flames, Strapping Young Lad, Arch Enemy, King Diamond...

I have short, dark brown/black hair but I'm growing it long.

I like mostly black metal, progressive/post black metal, and viking/folk metal. I also enjoy some medieval atmospheric music (Wongraven, early Mortiis), neo/dark folk, scandinavian/northern european folk, fusion, prog, death metal, melodic death, 80s thrash, shred and classical.

I have long, dark brown hair.

I would say hair length really doesn't matter at all, of course it seems a large portion of men with long hair listen to metal and a large portion of metal fans have long hair, but this does not mean all men with long hair like metal nor does it mean to like metal you have to have long hair.

Opeth, Burzum, Dissection, Ulver, Mayhem, all black metal, and as cheesy as it may seem, power metal. Blind Guardian, Steel Attack, Falconer, Elvenking.

Dark brown hair passed my shoulder blades. I havn't had a trim in three years, and girls are not a problem.

Most METAL chics prefer LONG hair. Most non-metal chics prefer SHORT hair. I'm not saying EVERY chic, but on the majority. We love long-haired males usually, especially me, although I've gone out with guys with no hair. LOL But long hair, oh that's a DEFINITE plus, especially since they will understand what I deal with. :)

Edge of Sanity / Opeth / Entombed / Morbid Angel / Black Sabbath / Grant Green / Devin Townsend band / Meshuggah / Bloodbath / Charles Mingus / Miles Davis / Mr Bungle / Led Zeppelin / Rush - it goes on.

Used to have about shoulder lenght, then cut it a bit, but now it's almost back.

Opeth, My Dying Bride, Emperor, Mayhem, Immortal, Vader, Nile, Enslaved, Decapitated, Zyklon, Iced Earth, (old) Metallica, Behemoth etc...I'm mostly into Black and Death Metal, but I like most genres of Metal...and a lot of non Metal genres.

My hair is brown and is presently on its way to my shoulders. I'm growing it because I just like long hair...and it goes with Metal. Also headbanging is easier when you have longer hair...it seems a bit like a shock absorber...and if you headbang a lot at gigs (which I do), it makes life a lot easier. On another note windmilling is fun! :D

On my shoulders and still growing (avatar pic is older)

Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, At the Gates, Amon Amarth, Elderdawn, Emperor, Zyklon, Immortal, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Death, Darkthrone, Burzum, Graveland etc... black metal mostly.

I wouldn't say there's a real correlation between musical taste and hair length. I'd say that metal fans just tend to grow it out a) for more impressive headbanging b) keeping alive the tradition of long hair (on men) being a sign of rebellion. Definitely the overwhelming trend so far in this survey. You really don't see anything like that attached to other genres of music, which definitely makes metal unique in that respect.

I myself like Opeth, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, the Mars Volta, Neurosis, Morbid Angel, Nick Cave, John Coltrane, At the Gates, Death, Atheist, Cynic, Minus the Bear, and Godflesh. My head is shaved just about down to the skin.

im into Opeth, emporer, COB, early in flames, funky stuff, prog rock camel ect ect, but i have really short hair only cos im in the army, i wish i could grow it long :(

my hair is a little over 2 feet in length.

i listen to a lot of early black metal and a shitload of death metal. to many bands to list cause im supposed to be doing work in school right now.