hair length?!?

Yea it is a dumb thread.

Alot of metal heads have long hair because metal is "sorta" a culture I guess.

It's a side culture, like we wear hair long and wear the black shirts and whatnot.

It can be but people are probably influenced to grow it out since their idols do maybe.

hair = about 40 cm, blonde hair that is 3/4 straight(which means that each hair's got about two or turns haha). Bands = King crimson, porcupine tree, Opeth, Jose gonzalez, Jethro tull, Sophie zelmani, Camel.

I listen to Opeth, My Dying Bride, Metallica, Katatonia, Camel, Guns 'n' Roses, Draconian, Penumbra, Anathema, Mago de Öz, Yngwie Malsteem, Bloodbath, Sepultura, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Enchant, Lacuna Coil, etc, etc, etc, and my hair is black, curly and short. I must confess I wouldn't mind to try and let it grow, but, I'm sure I would look like the Pink Panther after being in the washing machine!

Bloodhound Gang, Fear Factory, God Forbid, Group X, GWAR, ImpaledMetallica, Minibosses, Opeth!!!, Pantera, Red Chord, Sepultura,
Slayer, STAB Face, System of a Down (1st album ONLY), Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, White Zombie. also i'll listen to any Disco or 80's rap because they are some of the catchies genres i've ever heard. and classical when i'm lifting.

and my hair is dark blonde, 3/4 down my back (i havent cut it in 3 years)

Dhein said:
Everyone's hair grows at tips when they first grow it, duh.

I didnt say grows at the tips, I said curls. Learn to read...

Incase you actually meant curls but wrote grows, then I will explain. It doesn't just curl it get really "puffy". Not afro big though. :D

i have long hair like 16 inches long maybe longer.. its redish brow light brown kind of like peters from opeth but mine is curly like a Mother fucker. i listend to Thrash, Black and Death Metal.. mainly and alot of prog stuff

I listen to a lot of bands...Opeth; Katatonia; Amon Amarth; Vader; Kataklysm; Borknagar; In Flames; Dark Tranquillity; My Dying Bride; Nevermore; (Morgana) Lefay; Iced Earth; Black Sabbath...could go on for a while. In short; METAL! My hair is dyed black (naturally brown) and recently I got red dyed into the ends ;) It's about 4cm past my shoulders so It's quite long.

Opeth, Nevermore, Soilwork, Agalloch, SolRa, Dark Suns, Porcupine Tree, After Forever, Without Face, Epica, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Theatre of Tragedy, Flowing Tears, The Gathering, Dark Tranquility, Testament, Iced Earth, Symphony X, Luca Turilli, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Pink Floyd, PoisonBlack, The Crown, In Flames, Queensryche, Tristania, opera, classical, jazz, celtic, blues, etc etc

Light blonde hair..2 Long parts in front are shoulder length.
the rest is short.
I'm thinking of growing it all out again, though.

I mosh to radiohead (even the new stuff)
Waist long (shit!) hair kicks ass!
Girls like long hair - even if only in secret.. They get to brush it, reminds them of when they were little ;P

I have very short, preppy hair that is neaty trimmed.

I like Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Emperor, Dissection, Megadeth, Kreator, Death, Enslaved, for a sample of the metal side, and non-metal side (which is probably even more than my metal liking) Nick Cave, Radiohead, At the Drive In, Mars Volta, Pink Floyd, Camel, King Crimson, Yes, Anekdoten, Porcupine Tree, etc.

Conclusion: There is little to no correlation between a person's length of hair and musical preference. But what about Penis length? or breast size? :p :D