Halloween Music

Prometheus

May 11, 2001
Cary, NC
OK...Halloween is coming up...my wife and I are trying to come up with some good music to play while passing out candy to the throngs of trick-or-treaters....

Any ideas from the realms of metal?

I was thinking maybe some Burzum (the ambient album that starts with an H), or some Agalloch...

What else?

Arcturus. ("fall of man" is THE PERECT SONG TO PLAY ON REPEAT ONHALLOWEEN.)
Nurse With WOund.
Current 93.
Midnight Syndicate (sorta cheesy tho)
a few Univers Zero songs.

that remdinds me I need to check out "Deaths Design". I have one song but i know thats like hearing 1/40 of a song... or how many songs are on iit

Forget Deaths Design, go for Nightwork by Diabolical Masquerade instead, it's far more cheesy and appropriate for Halloween (and it's better, too :p) :D
Some old Obituary could be cool too, 'Choped in half' and songs like that. John sounds like a friggin monster :D

There is no really 'scary' music, but something strange like Arcturus or Dillenger Escape Plan will cause a lot of kids to skip your house :)

I also can't imagine any of the parents that take their little kids out with them bringing their kid up to a house playing music with death vocals (like bloodbath or something).

If you want some cool creepy-ish music for the kids, but don't actually want them to run away in terror Fantomas - Director's Cut comes to mind. Great album filled with covers of mostly horror movie themes.

Hahah!! Probably not the most appropriate for Halloween, but if you stick some Nile on, I doubt anyone will come near the house.

Erm, now let me think...how about "Katatonia - Brave murder day"?.

Oh and to capture the spirit of Christmas for Carrol singers, why not stick one of these beauties on: :D

Emperor :)
Mayhem :D
Immortal :)
Darkthrone :lol: :lol:
Burzum :)
Marduk :D
Dark Funeral :)

I completely disagree with the Agalloch and Death's Design suggestions. Sure Death's Design is weird in places, but definitely not scary.

You guys might laugh at me, but I would recommend the song Hecate Enthroned - Ode to a Haunted Wood. I always found that song to be quite scary, still do.

Blast the new Nile on full volume and you'll be rid of any trick-or-treaters. :D

If you only want to play an apt halloween horror soundtrack, I suggest Virgin Black's "Sombre Romantic" on repeat.

Old Ulver
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork
Early Burzum (that will keep the little kiddies away from your house) "AARRGGEEREHHHHHGGEEEEEERRRHHGGGHHH!!!!!"
Wrath era Emperor

And I save the BEST FOR LAST.....

Mistigo Varggath Darkestra - The Ky to the Gates of Apocalypses
There is nothing more fitting I don't think.